Author Topic: Chicken skewers with satay dipping sauce  (Read 63627 times)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
Re: Chicken skewers with satay dipping sauce
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2011, 03:16:15 am »
 :) I have everything in the pantry too, and just got given heaps of peanuts on wednesday. So will make this tonight.

Robyn
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2011, 11:56:32 pm »
 ;D Yum, just wanted to say, this was so easy and tasted great. Thank you.

Robyn
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2011, 06:02:54 am »
Yes we enjoyed it too - the satay dipping sauce was a different flavour to what I am used too.

Hally
Mum to Crown Prince......

Ilaeria

« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2012, 10:25:44 am »
Found this recipe when I was specifically looking for a satay skewer one and I'm glad I unearthed it!  I followed some of the suggested variations because I was doing it as a main: I cooked rice while the skewers were steaming (with the coconut cream I didn't need for the sauce mixed in to the water), then I sauteed an onion and a few garlic cloves for a few minutes before adding the rest of the sauce ingredients.  I used mostly sesame oil for the sauce and just topped up the end of the bottle with some canola oil.  I think next time I would add a little red chilli or two when I do the garlic and onion to give it a bit more kick, and just chuck the coriander in with everything else as it was a bit too lumpy and I had to whiz the whole thing a bit longer, which lost the chunkiness of the sauce.  Definitely a keeper of a recipe though!

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2012, 12:26:51 pm »
I made this tonight in my Thermo chef. I'm ashamed to say that this is the first time that I've used my "varoma", and the first time that I've steamed rice in my machine. The rice turned out nice and fluffy - I usually cook it on the stovetop using the absorption method. I will definitely cook rice this way again.
I was a little sceptical that the chicken and the rice would be cooked in 18 minutes, but I'm pleasantly surprised. It was sooo easy!
I used chicken thighs with capsicum, red onion and zucchini on the skewers.  I used peanut butter (that I had made in the Thermo Chef that no one liked)' but followed the rest of the sauce recipe to the letter. It wasn't spicy enough ( the kids are having a sleepover with my parents), so I added some extra chilli.
I would definitely make this again - my husband actually thanked me for the meal!
Next time I would probably halve the sauce as there is plenty left over, and heat it in the microwave before pouring over the skewers.
He actually said thank you again ;D
Definitely a recipe I will make again!
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline thermo18

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2012, 08:06:26 am »
Having this for tea tonight and just wondering if anyone has frozen the sauce,I have just made the sauce and there's heaps but I am not sure if coconut milk will freeze well, or best in the fridge and if so how long would it last in the fridge thanks  :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2012, 01:21:36 pm »
Thermo18 I have a pack of this sauce in the freezer so I'll test it for you.  Have taken it and some chicken breasts out of the freezer for tomorrow's main meal.  Will report later as to how it thawed and reheated.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline thermo18

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2012, 11:38:09 pm »
Thanks Judy  :D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2012, 06:26:58 am »
Thermo18, no problems at all with freezing this sauce.  Reheated gently in the microwave then added a little bit of water until I was happy with the consistency.  Next time I freeze it, I'll put it in smaller containers as I didn't use that much over our chicken skewers  so will have to have a stir fry tomorrow now to use it up completely.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline thermo18

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2012, 07:34:46 am »
Thank you Judy, so good to know and will be putting it in small containers for the freezer looking at it I could get another 2 meals from it, so cool no waste  :D

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2013, 02:35:26 am »
I had some chicken thighs leftover that had to be cooked so remembered I wanted to try this recipe. Very easy, especially since I had all the ingredients needed for the sauce on hand.

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2013, 04:47:08 am »
Seems easy. Might try this today.