Author Topic: Anything goes for Uni  (Read 7862565 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Anything goes for Uni
« Reply #38235 on: January 08, 2020, 04:54:05 am »
So will I Chookie, not that I’m good with those sort of apps.  I tried one ages ago and didn’t have a clue what it was all about. The book looks interesting too. My biggest problem is finding the Keto friendly products in supermarkets.  I spend ages looking for the right ingredients but it doesn’t take me long to find the ice-cream I know and love LOL.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38236 on: January 08, 2020, 03:24:08 pm »
Overcast and grey here today.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #38237 on: January 08, 2020, 08:06:52 pm »
Judy, I am not very good with the computer and it takes me ages to work things out.  It took me a day to learn  how to work this App, but was very worth while.  I think you are better at this than me, if you remember how I first came to the Forum.  I was floating around in cyberspace trying to post recipes.  You and Thermomixer rescued me. 
Today is very warm and we are going out to friends place for lunch. We are doing a short Cruise with them at the end of the month and are to discuss details. They are very experienced with Cruising.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #38238 on: January 08, 2020, 09:18:07 pm »
Warming up today .

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38239 on: January 08, 2020, 09:24:14 pm »
So will I Chookie, not that I’m good with those sort of apps.  I tried one ages ago and didn’t have a clue what it was all about. The book looks interesting too. My biggest problem is finding the Keto friendly products in supermarkets.  I spend ages looking for the right ingredients but it doesn’t take me long to find the ice-cream I know and love LOL.

Judy I changed my way of eating and it changed my life 520 days ago. I have lost 24 kilos and no longer take any medication at all. My blood pressure is perfect and I feel great. I will never eat a high carb diet again even though I do miss my bread and pasta. I stick to low carbs ( under 25 ) low fat, high protein and MOST IMPORTANTLY low calories under 1200 a day. I track every morsel I put in my mouth and I find it keeps me accountable and is no burden.

The best foods for Keto are in the outside aisles of the supermarket. Meat, chicken and vegetables. Avoid any packaged foods especially those labeled Keto. Also check the recipes in those low carb cookbooks as they are often high in fat which adds unnecessary calories. It is all about calories in and calories out to lose or maintain a good weight and feel great.

I have never felt better in all my 76 years.

Gert

Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #38240 on: January 08, 2020, 10:28:22 pm »
That’s fantastic Gert and with that determination you will keep it off because of how good you feel being lighter and healthier.  I don’t think there’s a better feeling to when your doctor says you are going great and keep on doing what you are doing. 

When you’ve been doing it for a while that becomes your ‘norm’ and you no longer see it as being a diet or something you only do to lose a few kilos, it has become your way of life.   This is what happened to me, changed my lifestyle 7 years ago and have maintained that lifestyle/weight for 6 years, I couldn’t possibly see me changing back to the old me at all.  Life is so much better in lots of ways.

Sure, there are days when I don’t want to get up at 5 (or later in winter) to drive down to the beach for my walk, but it’s become a habit and once I’m there doing it I so enjoy it, it sets me up the for the day and I feel good knowing that I’ve just done a 3.5km brisk walk.

I wish you’d post more Gert, I enjoy reading your posts  :D

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #38241 on: January 09, 2020, 12:15:01 am »
Judy, I think this app might save you a lot of work.  I have taken a screenshot of how I think it would help. It tells you how many carbs for the day. It also tells how many carb fo individual items.  You slide the line under the meal and tap which nutrient you want.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #38242 on: January 09, 2020, 12:21:37 am »
I saw Gert in action last year.  She sure looked good then and even better now. 

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38243 on: January 09, 2020, 12:45:17 am »
Gert and Julie, Judy too and all the rest of us are doing well. Isn't it sad that we only become fully aware of how important diet and exercise is until so much later in life? although looking round at society so many never become aware.
As I've said before I HATE EXERCISE  but if I don't do it daily feel sluggish. Anything to keep the pills at bay.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #38244 on: January 09, 2020, 01:06:52 am »
Well done everyone one.  Warming up here.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38245 on: January 09, 2020, 01:22:36 am »
Thanks Gert, that information is extremely useful as I do struggle with eating so much high fat which Keto pushes.  I can easily do low carb and high protein and was thinking of cutting the fat content once I lose another 5 kg but maybe I should start doing that now and see what happens.
Thanks Chookie and Julie for contributing to useful information, I agree with cookie that we don’t wake up until later in life - that could be because we have more time to take care of ourselves perhaps?  Whatever the reason, I’m enjoying the whole process and trying to improve my body shape and gain some health benefits in the process for no other reason than to please myself. I wore shorts to gym this morning as I felt my legs weren’t that bad that I had to cover them up on very hot days.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #38246 on: January 09, 2020, 02:49:00 am »
Yay, good for you Judy.  Shorts would be much more comfortable and cooler at the gym for sure.  You're really seeing the results of your hard work already, so pleased for you.  :D

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38247 on: January 09, 2020, 08:24:42 am »
Well done Judy. Shorts are so much cooler.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #38248 on: January 09, 2020, 10:20:13 am »
Wow Judy, shorts !!!  What are they?
Cookie, I took notice of you and your exercise and it has inspired me.  I walk on the Treadmill for 30 minutes each morning. I stick the iPad on the top with bluetac  and watch something interesting. The more I do the easier it gets. But I still don’t like it.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38249 on: January 09, 2020, 11:17:09 am »
Thanks Gert, that information is extremely useful as I do struggle with eating so much high fat which Keto pushes.  I can easily do low carb and high protein and was thinking of cutting the fat content once I lose another 5 kg but maybe I should start doing that now and see what happens.
Thanks Chookie and Julie for contributing to useful information, I agree with cookie that we don’t wake up until later in life - that could be because we have more time to take care of ourselves perhaps?  Whatever the reason, I’m enjoying the whole process and trying to improve my body shape and gain some health benefits in the process for no other reason than to please myself. I wore shorts to gym this morning as I felt my legs weren’t that bad that I had to cover them up on very hot days.

Completely wrong Judy. Nutritional Keto is LOW FAT. Adding fat just adds more calories not needed.Keep your  fat to under 50/60 Gms a day.

Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.