Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4477931 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #11190 on: January 10, 2014, 08:36:07 am »
All this talk of tea has made me make up a jug of iced fruitalicious for tomorrow  ;D
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 11:48:24 pm by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Brumington

• View Profile
« Reply #11191 on: January 10, 2014, 09:43:24 am »
Oh gosh, this could get dangerous. We bought the T2 jug I think you're all talking about with the fruitalicious blend (without having to scroll through all the posts I think that's the one you are referring to?!). I have used all the tea that came with it and now I read of others............!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 11:48:36 pm by judydawn »

Offline Itsnotartitsdinner

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #11192 on: January 10, 2014, 11:33:20 am »
Lunch box shopping for me. We bought the go green. No rubbish :) and no more containers. Bought my boys school shorts today also.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11193 on: January 10, 2014, 11:35:05 am »
The one I have in the fridge at the moment is 7 teaspoons of berry bliss and 2 of Southern Sunrise. That's in a 1.5 litre jug.

I don't like the tisanes either. I don't like sweet tea or coffee.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #11194 on: January 10, 2014, 06:37:37 pm »
I have a new bread machine.  My 2-pound machine - 2 beaters in the bottom of the pan - had worked beautifully but abruptly one of the beaters stopped turning - I could spin the beater when the pan was in the machine, so apparently whatever drives it was broken.  Since I had not paid a huge amount for it, I dumped it and ordered a brand-new-to-the-market, at least here in the U.S.
THREE-POUND breadmaker.  Said to have the greatest capacity of any on the market, available beginning in November 2013.

Made by Black and Decker.  

On one food forum there was a post about a machine with this capacity (1400 gm) available in the UK - made by Bielmeier  but when I checked it was much more expensive and is not available here in the US.

So far I have made a fruit and nut loaf that I could not bake in my old breadmaker (without removing a third of the dough before it began the baking cycle) because it rises quite high - as do many doughs containing more sugar than regular.
I do pull the dough out of the machine at the end of the last kneading and remove the beaters so there are no large holes in the bottom of the loaf - just two small ones where the shafts are. 
I also made a brioche-type loaf, allowing it to bake in the machine - which again was impossible in the old one.  It turned out beautifully. 
I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #11195 on: January 10, 2014, 08:20:42 pm »
I've checked the tea DD purchased and it's ruby red rose (I think I got the name right), I might make some this morning and leave in the fridge to cool for this afternoon.

DJ paint is still shopping and I'm sure exciting for you now that that house is coming together.

Interesting sounding bread machine Andi, do you find you get a better result with the machine over the oven?

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11196 on: January 10, 2014, 08:29:24 pm »
The one I have in the fridge at the moment is 7 teaspoons of berry bliss and 2 of Southern Sunrise. That's in a 1.5 litre jug.

I don't like the tisanes either. I don't like sweet tea or coffee.

Do you find the ones with fruit and flavouring sweet?  I am thinking if I dehydrated fruit peel I could make my ow blends without the extra fake flavouring they add. But then again why bother?  These flavoured teas would be better for kids than cordial  especially made with reen tea.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #11197 on: January 10, 2014, 09:47:03 pm »
I was out with DH today who had a meeting and while I waited I went to a bakers. Bought some lovely bread and this book... The meeting was unexpectedly long and I read the whole book and started eating the bread  ;D

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Born-Bread-Robert-Swift/dp/0957629222

It's very good and very interesting.
Tomorrow I am off to a whole foods supplier nearby ( 7 miles) that sells good flour, I found it by accident on the Internet while I was comparing quality flours.

Thanks wonder..... Paint purchases cease to be exciting after a while, especially for external walls...LOL

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #11198 on: January 10, 2014, 10:17:35 pm »
Well, my clothesline shopping is cancelled....Hills are replacing our broken one free of charge!!  ;D
Apparently that particular model had a flaw so it's no problem at all, and they are replacing it with the current version.  Hooray for Hills!!

Now to keep DS away from the new one....  :-))

I think I am going to have to do some more T2 shopping too - mum really likes my Teamaker pot, and FIL likes the 2L jug.  They seem to still have free shipping going on their website too, unless it's going to be added later on in the checkout process. 
I hope they do come to Wellington soon though (when I was in Auckland they had recently opened there, were about to open another, and said they had plans for Wellington).
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

stacelee

« Reply #11199 on: January 10, 2014, 10:58:34 pm »
I think it is the hibiscus (rosella) that is in the fruit teas that I don't really like.  I have one that I was given that is called just hibiscus that I hate.  They have a cordially after taste to me that reminds me of the smell when I make rosella jam. 

I'm off to get my nails done this morning and then to do the most boring shopping of all GROCERIES. I need the teenagers to go back to school and uni so I have food left in the house.....tell me they will one day move out ;p

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11200 on: January 10, 2014, 11:47:52 pm »
Fruitalicious is all natural Gert, looks a bit like potpourri - its a mixture of cranberries, blueberries, dragon fruit & goji berries.

Another drink I like in summer is just plain cold water with lemon slices in it - can't get anything cheaper than that  ;)

« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 11:50:00 pm by judydawn »

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #11201 on: January 11, 2014, 12:00:04 am »
Fruitalicious is all natural Gert, looks a bit like potpourri - its a mixture of cranberries, blueberries, dragon fruit & goji berries.

Another drink I like in summer is just plain cold water with lemon slices in it - can't get anything cheaper than that  ;)

That is not so bad. A bit sweet but it does have added flavouring which to me gives it a sort of after taste. I did buy some but used it up. Had to add extra lime and lemon to cut the sweet. Nice summer drink but not a tea really as it has no tea in it.

Yes Judy you cannot beat plain old water and lime or lemons but why ate lemons so expensive up here. I paid $2 for on the other day and don't get me started on the price of tomatoes.

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #11202 on: January 11, 2014, 01:41:42 am »
Gert...does anyone EVER go into T2 & only spend $10  :P
DD loves fruitalicious, and adds a couple of scoops of Turkish apple (it really is just a sweetner)....that Turkish apple smells like Parmesan in the bag  :-\  but I tasted it dry, and it's just like apple sherbet  8)....I will remember to sprinkle some over the apple teacake cupcakes next time  ;)

Shopping....now before you think "I knew she couldn't resist"....this is in fact for candle making  :P

Induction portable hotplate, that came with an induction pot   8)....because melting the wax on a gas flame is a big no-no.

A labeller that I can print on clear labels for the candle jars & melts

3x wicker hampers (plastic material)....so hopefully there won't be the attraction of using these as scratching posts, like the cane ones I had, by 2 naughty cats!

....because my son spends too much pocket money on this ice cream at the shop after school  :-))

.........EAT CAKE!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11203 on: January 11, 2014, 01:55:54 am »
I can't get the hang of this mixing different teas together, I'd be worried I'd mess the flavours up by doing this.  You girls are a lot gamer than me when it comes to experimenting wit T2.

Some nice buys there maddy to kick the new year off  ;D

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #11204 on: January 11, 2014, 02:52:55 am »
Maddy good buys. Some of those type of tea would be great in ice creams.

gert