Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 8925526 times)

Offline mab19

• View Profile
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #20730 on: January 08, 2014, 11:20:44 pm »
Lovely looking bread chookie.

100 parfaits astarra  :o are you going into catering.  :)
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #20731 on: January 09, 2014, 12:25:55 am »
Have just made a batch of djinni's jam muffins from the non thermomix section.  Yummy and very easy to make.  Will certainly make them again.

Also chookies chocolate delight dessert as the GD's are arriving this afternoon.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20732 on: January 09, 2014, 12:28:56 am »
Beautiful loaf Chookie. 

Busy day ahead of you then astarra.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #20733 on: January 09, 2014, 01:40:50 am »

100 parfaits astarra  :o are you going into catering.  :)

Yep, I am catering (along with a few others) for 75-100 people next Saturday  :D
:D

Offline Brumington

• View Profile
« Reply #20734 on: January 09, 2014, 03:01:52 am »
Beautiful looking loaf.

Today I am cooking......NOTHING 😞.  Thermie died yesterday so i have gone on strike after pulling up my spoilt brat pants!

It's a shame because I was going to be brave enough to put up a new bread recipe but I wanted to cook it again to make sure about quantities etc before sharing.

I will live my cooking day through all of you........

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #20735 on: January 09, 2014, 03:08:32 am »
Oh no Brumington!!  What happened to Thermie?! 

I am making some Vanilla Slice and have a batch of bread rising.  I think it might become cheesymite scrolls.
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #20736 on: January 09, 2014, 03:20:42 am »
 >:( How did you kill thermie Brumington?

.....30 parfaits done, 70 to go............
:D

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
« Reply #20737 on: January 09, 2014, 03:45:37 am »
Mmmmm - vanilla slice.  What a good idea Jo.  We have some horrible hot weather coming up soon, and I think vanilla slice in the fridge is just the answer  ;)
Karen in Adelaide

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20738 on: January 09, 2014, 03:49:23 am »
Oh dear brumington Wot happened. How can we help??

Gert
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 04:18:25 am by Gertbysea »
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Brumington

• View Profile
« Reply #20739 on: January 09, 2014, 04:07:41 am »
Awwwww, thanks for the offer of help. You might be able to give me some ideas as to what has happened.

I have absolutely no idea what happened. Yesterday I started my day making ice cream and yogurt (again I was going to share an idea I have about stopping ice cream freezing rock hard which seems to have worked for me and hope it will for some of you). All was well. Then I went to make some bread and even though it was making the right sounds the dough didn't mix.

I have phoned head office and they were great. They said it sounded like the blades had gone on the grounds that it seemed the blades could still move around when there wasn't too much weight on them (liquids like ice cream making and yogurt) but not when anything heavy was on them. I tried making a smoothie today and it wouldn't even chop the banana. Head office are sending new blades express post and I hope to get them tomorrow.

I'm a bit blah about it all though. The machine isn't even two years old. The man said he was surprised it has happened and asked if I overloaded the machine. I can honestly say this has never happened as it was such a huge investment for us I was so careful to read the 'dos and don'ts'. I'm hoping this is all it is.  He also said that it can happen in restaurants etc when it is used extensively but is surprised it has happened in a home situation in such a short space of time. The thing is, I don't know what I did wrong to avoid doing the same thing again.  The ONLY thing I can think of is that I make bread a lot (probably one of the things I do the most) and always put it on sp 5/6 for a few seconds to mix the dough before going to the kneed function.  Do you think that has caused the problem?

Has this happened to anybody else?

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #20740 on: January 09, 2014, 04:11:43 am »
Mmmmm - vanilla slice.  What a good idea Jo.  We have some horrible hot weather coming up soon, and I think vanilla slice in the fridge is just the answer  ;)

Sadly we don't have the hot weather issue here  :D  Crazy changeable weather is more our thing at the moment.  :-))  But it's always a good time for vanilla slice...plus have friends coming for morning tea tomorrow, so I won't have to eat quite the whole batch myself  ;)

Oh dear brumington.  I wouldn't have thought that would be a problem - I'm sure I've seen bread recipes with that exact thing in the instructions....including the likes of brioche dough in the edc. 
Hope the new blades arrive quickly and you are back in action again soon. 
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #20741 on: January 09, 2014, 04:20:01 am »
My blades blunted too, i make a lot of bread.
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Brumington

• View Profile
« Reply #20742 on: January 09, 2014, 04:44:15 am »
My blades blunted too, i make a lot of bread.

I don't think they're blunt. I think they're threaded.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20743 on: January 09, 2014, 04:53:03 am »
I think CP has had this happen as well as others. This link may help. http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=12139.15
CP's comments are a little way through. Page 2 or 3 I think.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20744 on: January 09, 2014, 04:55:02 am »
I removed the lovely duck fat  from my stock and added it to some I had in the freezer

Having found some more yummy stock which I thought  was dog food, I combined them in the TMx for about 5 seconds,added a wee bit of water as it was so thick with jelly.

Then I proceeded to make the duck and mushroom risotto per the EDC .

I used one garlic clove from my confit. Also used 30 mls of that oil.

Added sliced duck breast and sliced mushrooms with the stock and a dollop of umami paste.

It was too easy. The flavour was awesome. Not fatty at all which is the main complaint of duck naysayers. It you like duck and are afraid to cook it trust me it is not hard. I can get two more meals from this one duck. A little goes a long way. Would be a great party piece just because no bugger cooks duck and no bugger  makes risotto.

Also if you have not made risotto, follow the recipe exactly. It is pretty soupy at first but continues to suck up that stock to make a creamy restaurant quality risotto.

And oh boy if you have not made roast potatoes with duck fat you have not made roast potatoes. LOL real heart attack material to die for.

Gert
Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.