Author Topic: Cyndi O'Meara's vegetarian sausage rolls  (Read 72712 times)

mcmich

Cyndi O'Meara's Vegetarian Sausage Rolls
« Reply #75 on: July 15, 2013, 11:08:29 am »
I've made the vegetarian sausage rolls many times and have tweaked the recipe a little to suit our families needs.

Only used 1 egg and found that the mixture was less moist and easier to handle and added 200gms of fetta cheese as that was what was in the pkt I bought. Lovely and a lot easier to make.

Offline Patzee

• View Profile
Re: Cyndi O'Meara's vegetarian sausage rolls
« Reply #76 on: July 20, 2013, 07:59:05 am »
Just wondering if I can freeze these for use tomorrow afternoon?  Just want to pop them in oven 30 mins before serving? Thnx

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 20, 2013, 08:16:23 am »
Can't see why not Patzee, I do this different recipe for vegetarian sausage rolls and I always freeze them then just take out how many I want to heat up.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Thermokitchen

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 20, 2013, 12:18:24 pm »
These are a massive hit indeed. If you don't tell anyone they are vege they will never know...

And when you tell them they won't believe you! ;D

Great recipe!

Offline Patzee

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 20, 2013, 04:49:12 pm »
Thanks Judy and Thermokitchen.  Good to have healthy food in freezer for emergencies.  I will make your version soon also Judy.  Looks so healthy with all the oats!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 21, 2013, 12:17:48 pm »
These are a massive hit indeed. If you don't tell anyone they are vege they will never know...

And when you tell them they won't believe you! ;D

Great recipe!

I just keep my mouth shut. As you say they don't know.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

mcmich

« Reply #81 on: July 22, 2013, 04:23:05 am »
Thanks Judy and Thermokitchen.  Good to have healthy food in freezer for emergencies.  I will make your version soon also Judy.  Looks so healthy with all the oats!

They freeze very well Patzee. I have a very dainty version in the freezer for my mum's high tea birthday party.

Offline jsthermie

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 30, 2017, 01:10:15 am »
Is there any chance at all someone can send me a screenshot of this recipe? My vegetarian daughter leaves the country in a couple days and she requested these for her going away party tomorrow!! I just went to get the list of ingredients and the book is still in storage (just shifted - right before Christmas....) I've made them so many times I'm fairly certain I can remember the shopping list (feta, walnuts, egg, bread for crumbing, parsley, tamari (not sure if that's in there or we've added it over time) onion, pastry) but I can't rely on my memory for amounts and given how sloppy the mix can be I don't want to guess!
So if there is any chance of anyone reading this and can help I would be so appreciative! Otherwise I have to drive to the storage unit and find the right box.....

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 30, 2017, 10:29:34 am »
You will find the link to the recipe in the first posting on page 1 of this thread jsthermie. Not sure if it’s Cyndi’s recipe or a clone of it, nevertheless I think it is very similar.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 10:35:14 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.