Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 9040012 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #3285 on: May 27, 2010, 08:32:20 am »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3286 on: May 27, 2010, 11:10:44 am »
I was fortunate to go to a demo when Janie Turner launched the Indian book and the coriander chili paste was one of the things that she made.She warned us when tasting at the end to be very very careful of the stuff.Mind you I think my SIL will think it mild to some of the things that he eats.Janie suggested that you use about a teaspoonful to start with, can always add more if you like it hotter.I like spicy flavours but hate it when it is too hot and you are gasping for air.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3287 on: May 28, 2010, 05:31:58 am »
Thanks for that info Cornish Cream.

Today for lunch we had weber chicken marylands with EDC mushroom sauce and my recipe from the forum of rice and spinach pie (new photo put on the thread today)

http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=1033.0

If spinach is not your preferred vegie, you could use lightly cooked broccoli florets instead.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 09:57:55 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #3288 on: May 28, 2010, 09:07:42 am »
Judy,  shame you live so far away,  or I would be inviting myself for lunch if you were closer.  Love the photo,  messed mine up today :o :o :o   Today i made aMacadamia and Honey tart, (posted),  Isi's rolls that I am going to make into round rolls and stuff with JD curry mince, coriander and chilli paste and Florentines..   Indian Patties to use up the left over coriander.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3289 on: May 28, 2010, 10:01:13 am »
Seeing as you are so easily pleased Chookie, you can come to lunch anytime. What are the Indian patties you made, are they the fish ones in the book?

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #3290 on: May 28, 2010, 01:57:05 pm »
JD,  they are made from yellow split peas,  soaked for 6 hours, drained and then zapped in the TMX with onion,  coriander and a bit of chilli.   Think i posted the recipe in my early days on the Forum. Could probably add some chilli and coriander paste

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3291 on: May 28, 2010, 02:49:34 pm »
Thanks Chookie, have copied the recipe and stuck it where it belongs - in the Indian cookbook.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 03:06:56 pm by judydawn »

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #3292 on: May 29, 2010, 03:16:58 pm »
Today made Mayo,  EDC book,  mixed with some Wasabi to serve with a Japanese Omelet.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3293 on: May 30, 2010, 02:48:24 pm »
Made another lot of buttermilk scones today with sultanas in before some friends left for home. There's a lovely family from Canberra behind us so we gave them some too as they are lovely people.

We head home tomorrow, will do the trip in 2 days as we don't have to hurry. Will probably stop in Kathryn's home town of Geraldton or in Dongara tomorrow night We'll then arrive home just after lunch Tuesday. Will then have time to empty the van
and clean it and DH will take the boat off the roof of the car and that can all be washed.  It's sad to go home but I am looking forward to being able to use the TMX a lot more. Will have an oven to cook in again.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3294 on: May 30, 2010, 02:49:05 pm »
Today I made Chinese Long Soup, Chookie's dried apples and some strawberry jam with the leftover apple pulp.  My apples look nothing like Chookies but taste great.

Offline KLC79

• View Profile
« Reply #3295 on: May 30, 2010, 03:25:36 pm »
Oh interesting, 1 have just been given 5kg of apples, whre do i find the recipes for dried apples and the strawberry jame with apple pulp??? Thanks in advance

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3296 on: May 30, 2010, 03:55:00 pm »
http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=3548.0 is the recipe for Poached and dried apples KLC79 although it only uses 4-5 apples so you are going to have to find another use for all those apples you have been given.  How about some apple sauce?  Chookie suggests at the end of her recipe using the cooking syrup for the dried apples as a base for jam.  I just found the strawberry jam recipe in the EDC, used the leftover syrup (added no more sugar because it was sweet enough for me) and added about 1.5 punnets of frozen strawberries.  Cooked it as per EDC instructions but  it wasn't thickening so I cooked it on varoma with MC off for about 15 minutes on speed 2.

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #3297 on: May 31, 2010, 02:43:37 am »
Over the last few days, we've had
Bron's Meatballs in the Varoma
Chelsea's pizza bases with leftover meatballs and sauce on one, and steamed and shredded pizza on the other
Quirky Jo blender batter muffins
Quirky Jo milkshakes
Homemade Milo
2 x Cindy O'Meara bible bread
Chelsea's Apple Tea Cake.

At 8:30 last night I remembered I had to make something for morning tea at school today.  Chelsea's Apple Tea Cake was in the oven within 5 minutes.  Brilliant!
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #3298 on: May 31, 2010, 08:37:19 am »
When I collected the Gourmet Traveller for the letter box today,  there on the front was Queen of Puddings !!!!.  The recipe is pretty much the same as the one I posted,  however the picture on the cover is divine  (nearly as good as JulieO's)  Also there is a recipe for Momofuku's pork buns.   I think they are suitable to convert and steamed in the Varoma..  Watch this space. 

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #3299 on: May 31, 2010, 01:02:06 pm »
a recipe for Momofuku's pork buns.    
What kind of mag did you say you were you reading???  :-[ ;) :D
Look foward to seeing it converted soon. Have only tried making steam buns once before and they were good.