Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6130020 times)

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #4635 on: November 22, 2012, 04:29:44 am »
Just think of what you can buy them all next year Mandi by which time you will have kicked the 'habit'.

You are so right Judy, never thought of that:D
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #4636 on: November 22, 2012, 04:35:25 am »
The beefeater man came over & set up our rotisserie.

Cant believe I have no joints or chickens to cook. Might have  to buy a MT Barker chicen from the shops. We must try it out this weekend.

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #4637 on: November 22, 2012, 05:02:36 am »
I have been for a bike ride which I followed up with a short (3km) fast run. Then I went to the dietitian after which I started shopping for a new bicycle.  ;D

Yesterday over lunch DW asked me what I wanted for Christmas.  I told her the only thing I wanted she couldn't get me for Christmas. I told her a new bike and how much I thought I would have to spend to get what I wanted. She talked about saving for a bit etc then buying it for my birthday. I suggested selling back a few weeks o the long service leave work has been on my back to take. (I've had it for 7 years and just got my net lot.) She told me to go for it.

Oh and I am suffering with a bit of sunburn. Who would have thought 1 hour of swimming would cause that.  :-[

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4638 on: November 22, 2012, 05:06:02 am »
So we can expect a picture of this new bike in the shopping thread very soon then DD ;)  I think you thoroughly deserve what you want DD.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 05:08:09 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #4639 on: November 22, 2012, 05:06:36 am »
sounds a expensive bike.... :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #4640 on: November 22, 2012, 05:22:49 am »
JD when I get to buy it I will post a picture. It will take at least a month for payroll to process my leave sale. I will also have to get it approved by my boss. The way our budgets are now structured my department will have to foot the bill so I have to hope there aren't too many other people thinking about selling leave.

Robyn it will be an expensive purchase. My last one was $2000 on sale. This one will be more high tech and more expensive. The first shop I looked in only had 2 choices for the type of bike I want. The entry level was $3800 the good one was $6200.  :o They had one with special wheels waiting for a customer to pick it up he spent $9000. Lets just ay I am still looking.  :-))  I will also look at a second hand bike if I can find one that is last year's model without much use and no damage

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #4641 on: November 22, 2012, 05:33:31 am »
choke.... DD, you could have 4 more thermos for that..

Enjoy it when you get it.
Your DW must be so wonderful.... :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

mcmich

« Reply #4642 on: November 22, 2012, 06:55:51 am »
JD when I get to buy it I will post a picture. It will take at least a month for payroll to process my leave sale. I will also have to get it approved by my boss. The way our budgets are now structured my department will have to foot the bill so I have to hope there aren't too many other people thinking about selling leave.

Robyn it will be an expensive purchase. My last one was $2000 on sale. This one will be more high tech and more expensive. The first shop I looked in only had 2 choices for the type of bike I want. The entry level was $3800 the good one was $6200.  :o They had one with special wheels waiting for a customer to pick it up he spent $9000. Lets just ay I am still looking.  :-))  I will also look at a second hand bike if I can find one that is last year's model without much use and no damage

Go for it Denis. DW is with you on the purchase and if you cash in your LSL then it's not going to strain the household budget.
I'm sure you would enjoy the bike no end.

My DH wants to hang glide, so to see if he really would like it, I got a voucher for a tandem ride for our anniversary. If that goes well then lessons and we will take it from there.  :)

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #4643 on: November 22, 2012, 08:32:55 am »
Sounds like it will be a great bike Den, I can't wait for you to get it! I want to see photos ;D

Hang gliding Mich.... uh, I can't imagine it. I'm scared of heights :-))

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #4644 on: November 22, 2012, 08:43:40 am »
So annoyed!  the guy whom we pay to help with raking hay, was organised for this afternoon.  He knew this, but was drunk by 5pm, so now DS who is all of 10 years, is out there doing it for his Dad.  So proud of the little guy....he's a clone of his Dad....shame some adults aren't as reliable   :-))
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #4645 on: November 22, 2012, 08:52:00 am »
Oh maddy, how disappointing :( But lovely that DS got in there and helped his dad :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4646 on: November 22, 2012, 08:56:14 am »
It sure sounds as if he is a chip off the old block maddy, you must be so proud of him.  I do hope DH is back to his old self and in good health as soon as possible, very hard when he refuses to rest and there is work to be done.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4647 on: November 22, 2012, 09:02:29 am »
So annoyed!  the guy whom we pay to help with raking hay, was organised for this afternoon.  He knew this, but was drunk by 5pm, so now DS who is all of 10 years, is out there doing it for his Dad.  So proud of the little guy....he's a clone of his Dad....shame some adults aren't as reliable   :-))
What a super boy you have Maddy.No wonder you are so proud of him.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #4648 on: November 22, 2012, 09:14:12 am »
That is great Maddy, you have a DS to be proud of.  Hope your DH is taking care of his health.
Marie

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #4649 on: November 22, 2012, 09:22:48 am »
It sure sounds as if he is a chip off the old block maddy, you must be so proud of him. 

We are  :)  He's the sort of kid that can converse with all adults easily....that characteristic is what DH has instilled in him   ;)
As for hubby....stubborn as an ox....still hasn't eaten or slept much  :-))
.........EAT CAKE!