Author Topic: Hello from Spain vía California and México.  (Read 5828 times)

Offline bigmtg

• View Profile
Hello from Spain vía California and México.
« on: February 04, 2010, 10:11:16 pm »
Hi everyone. I'm originally from California, of Mexican descent and now living in Madrid. We bought our Thermie this past xmas. Hubbie had been lobbying to buy one since last summer but since I didn't know what it was and hubby did a terrible job describing it, it wasn't until xmas that i really learned what it was and we bought it right away. I wish I'd listened to hubby sooner!  We use it every day and love it. Can't wait to convert some of my mom's Mexican recipes. Also very keen on Indian recipes since I spent about a year in India a fea yrs back and loooove the food. But we eat all types of food and r having so much fun w Thermie.
Anyway, just wanted to say hola and let u know that I love this forum and all the cool recipes.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Spain vía California and México.
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 10:39:53 pm »
 I have spent a lot of ime in Mexic oover the years and look forward to your authentic recipes not the psuedo Mexican stuff they serve up in Australia. Do you have a mole poblano recipe  to convert to the thermomix?

Welcome to the forum.

Gretchen
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 11:44:36 pm »
Welcome Bigmtg. You certainly have been able to experience some fabulous foods in you travels. Keep having fun and I look forward to you sharing some of your Mum's converted recipes
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 11:52:40 pm »
Hola!  Like Gertbysea, I can't wait to see some authentic Mexican recipes!  And especially one for mole poblano!!!  Been meaning to try and convert that one for ages, but mine may not be quite authentic - I was raised on 'Tex-Mex' food!  I had mole poblano at a Mexican restaurant here in Australia, and they served it with pinapple and banana that was fried and rolled in coconut - I'd never heard of that before - is that authentic???  Wasn't the best I'd tasted either.

Anyway, welcome, and I hope you enjoy the forum!

Jo :)
Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 12:00:19 am »
Hola!  Like Gertbysea, I can't wait to see some authentic Mexican recipes!  And especially one for mole poblano!!!  Been meaning to try and convert that one for ages, but mine may not be quite authentic - I was raised on 'Tex-Mex' food!  I had mole poblano at a Mexican restaurant here in Australia, and they served it with pinapple and banana that was fried and rolled in coconut - I'd never heard of that before - is that authentic???  Wasn't the best I'd tasted either.

Anyway, welcome, and I hope you enjoy the forum!

Jo :)

Imagine what they would think of that in Puebla? Yuk.

Gretchen

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2010, 12:52:28 am »
Hi bigmtg, a big welcome to you and I too am looking forward to some of your Mexican recipes.  My SIL is a big Mexican food fan (of the Australian unauthentic kind anyway) and I would love some recipes to give to DD to cook for him. I don't mind a bit of Mexican myself  ;) ;) ;)  We are getting some wonderful recipes from our overseas members these days and this forum is benefitting hugely from it. It is going to become the biggest cookbook in the world the way we are going ;D ;D  Thank you for joining us.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2010, 01:39:03 am »
Another question for you bigmtg. Rompopes would be easy to make in the Thermomix. Might you have a recipe. I remember visiting a restaurant in Pueblo and not leaving until all 12 of us had tried each and every one. That is I think I remember ;D ;D ;D ;D Be great to have the basic recipe and then we could all go wild with the ingredients.

Cheers,
Gretchen

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2010, 01:41:21 am »
Hola.  Great to have you find us.  ¿Hablas español

I have been to Madrid twice and that is where I first saw the TMX.

Looking forward to some recipes.  :-* :-* :-*
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2010, 09:07:10 am »
Welcome to the forum. Unlike lots of others I really haven't tried much Mexican food so I look forward to your recipes.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2010, 03:34:37 am »
Hola bigmtg! Welcome to the forum. We look forward to real Mexican and Indian recipes!!  ;D
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand