Author Topic: Choc Coffee Hazelnut Biscuits  (Read 3482 times)

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
Choc Coffee Hazelnut Biscuits
« on: May 30, 2013, 04:02:21 pm »
Choc Coffee Hazelnut Biscuits

Ingredients
120g softened butter
80g Rapadura sugar
110g hazelnut meal
20g finely ground roasted coffee
140g self raising wholemeal flour
1tsp vanilla paste
1tsp baking powder
1tbls cold water

50g dark chocolate
about 16 coffee beans to decorate

Method

Add butter and Rapadura to  *: cream together speed 4-5 for 10 seconds. Scrape down. Add remaining ingredients except chocolate and coffee beans to  *:. Lock lid, set timer to 1.5 minutes and select  ::.

Turn dough out onto sheet of aluminum foil and form into a square log. Wrap with foil and use counter top and hands to "square up' the sides of the log. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.

Remove from fridge and unwrap. Using a sharp knife slice into 1cm thick pieces, you should get about 16. Place onto greased baking sheet and bake in pre-heated 160 degree oven for about 20 minutes until just starting to brown.

Remove from oven and cool and tray for about 5 minutes then remove to cooling rack until completely cooled.

Melt chocolate, place a layer of melted choc on each biscuit and top with a coffee bean. Allow chocolate to set if you can.

Hints/Tips
I used Rapadura because I like the flavour it gives gives these biscuits.  You could use light brown sugar and achieve a similar result. Vanilla extract or can be used int stead of paste.

I used to buy these from a roadhouse on the way to Perth.  They are made by the Crossman Cookie company with all organic ingredients and have the price tag to match.  I bought a packet of their over priced biscuit mix for these and using that as a starting point I worked out the best combination of ingredient to duplicate them  The original recipe uses spelt flour and they are much heavier.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Choc Coffee Hazelnut Biscuits
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 04:17:23 pm »
You're very clever to workout the recipe DD ;D Looks a lovely recipe. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 02:24:47 am »
Thanks CC. I have made it twice before posting it to make sure it was right.  I really like these.  :D

I took the first batch I made for morning tea at a PD I was running. I received several requests for the recipe.   :)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 02:29:12 am »
That's a good sign of a success recipe Den. I have to try these as soon as we get home. At least the biscuit barrel will need filling.
I love your new avatar, he/ she is so cute.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/