Author Topic: What is for Breakfast  (Read 700952 times)

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
Re: What is for Breakfast
« Reply #1425 on: December 29, 2012, 05:20:31 am »
I have found kids who eat alot of pkt stuff are always like that at first then they cant get enough nd their pkt stuff doesnt taste the same 😄😄😄😄. Poor kid doesnt know what he is missing!
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline dhitri

• View Profile
    • Thermie Love
« Reply #1426 on: December 29, 2012, 05:33:10 am »
So I made porridge for Miss 2 and wanted to be creative so added cocoa but tipped too much in!!! Ended up with a bitter dark choc sludge and any effort to sweeten it up (used honey) failed miserably. I also tipped it into a bowl with frozen blueberries, hoping to hide then in there (Miss is not very fond of blueberries). Well, should I say, breakfast ended in tears as she a) found the chocolate a little too much and b) discovered the blueberries in her bowl. 

Almost tipped out the leftover but then decided to keep it. After my workout, I whizzed it up with yogurt, honey and ice and voila! I hate my perfect post-run drink! Very refreshing, especially in this heat.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: December 29, 2012, 05:36:38 am »
Good save TL! Smoothie sounds yummmy ;D

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: December 29, 2012, 05:37:42 am »
Well done TL!!! Isn't it great when the "unsaveable" gets "saved"!!  :)

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: December 29, 2012, 10:35:19 am »
We had our 8 year old nephew here for a sleep over last night so I made sourdough pancakes for breakfast. 

Why are these pancakes so yellow he wanted to know.  Probably because of the eggs was my reply.  Oh Mum makes pancakes out of a packet, she doesn't use eggs.  Why does this maple syrup smell and taste so strong was his next question.  Because it's real maple syrup and not the fake stuff my DH replied. 

He liked the pancakes, but prefers the packet ones with the fake maple syrup.  LOL  :-))
Oh well, at least he ate them.  Lucky we didn't tell him about the sourdough!

This made me laugh this morning Katie :D :D Kids and their questions :D :D :D So glad he ate them  ;) :D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: December 29, 2012, 10:58:45 am »
We had our 8 year old nephew here for a sleep over last night so I made sourdough pancakes for breakfast.  

Why are these pancakes so yellow he wanted to know.  Probably because of the eggs was my reply.  Oh Mum makes pancakes out of a packet, she doesn't use eggs.  Why does this maple syrup smell and taste so strong was his next question.  Because it's real maple syrup and not the fake stuff my DH replied.  

He liked the pancakes, but prefers the packet ones with the fake maple syrup.  LOL  :-))
Oh well, at least he ate them.  Lucky we didn't tell him about the sourdough!

LOL Katie  :D :D.  Just like my work colleagues who prefer my packet mix muffins to "proper" ones made from scratch  :-)).   I can just imagine the reaction if he knew about the  sourdough in them!
Karen in Adelaide

mcmich

« Reply #1431 on: December 29, 2012, 07:31:15 pm »
The pancakes sound delicious Katie, kids are so funny.  :D

Banana date smoothie. Starting out right for a day of shopping in the big smoke with my dear friend from high school.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: December 29, 2012, 07:33:35 pm »
Looks and sounds nice Mich!  :)

Girls eating apple and blueberry porridge now, DH cooking himself and me some bacon and eggs on toasted english muffins.  :D
:D

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: December 29, 2012, 10:04:47 pm »
Yum Astarra and Mich! :D

We went shopping yesterday so I have cereal! Nutri-grain for me ;D

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: December 29, 2012, 10:05:02 pm »
coffee
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: December 29, 2012, 10:18:13 pm »
You girls are too good. Just coffee for me ATM. Will have some fruit and yoghurt later in the morning. Must make smoothies in the holidays for DS and I. Love them on a hot day.
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: December 29, 2012, 11:09:50 pm »
Katie, that is so funny & so typical.

Cp eats well like us. We bought icy poles for them both, I normally get the fruit juice ones but they didnt have them at the kiosk  by the beach. Cp hated his, didnt even taste like orange but eb ate  both & thought they were lovely.

:)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 11:17:43 pm by Halex »
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: December 29, 2012, 11:16:21 pm »
Funny Katie.
Yummy Astarra and Michelle.
Boys had toast. I had maple craison breakfast scones. No one wanted them until they came out of the oven. Then they wanted mine. Everything always looks better on mums plate ;D

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: December 29, 2012, 11:53:50 pm »
So true Kimmy:)
So funny Katie.
DS had the last of the quail eggs on crumpets, I had an ordinary egg on a crumpet with a coffee, and DH is cooking an omelette for himself and DD. BTW, DH, NEVER COOKS!!!!!!!
:)
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline kt2

• View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: December 29, 2012, 11:55:18 pm »
They look like little faces!  :D :D
Katie, Perth WA