Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4521851 times)

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #13485 on: February 06, 2015, 02:25:21 am »
Julie that was great reading, thanks, I will give it a go when I get my machine, must make an effort to go to the big shops soon but it is going to be hot for a few days.  I have Pysillium, and some gluten free flour might have to experiment, it would be great for my GD.

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #13486 on: February 06, 2015, 04:24:55 am »
Finally brought my air fryer yesterday.  Now just have to work out how to use it.  I'm scanning through all the notes that are on here!!!

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #13487 on: February 06, 2015, 05:33:42 am »
The GF recipe with my machine is made with rice flour.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #13488 on: February 06, 2015, 06:54:39 am »
I had to go out and buy an external drive and internet security for my new Mac. I've got some pesky malware on my new computer that I've only had for 5 mins, and I thought that apples were supposed to be not as susceptible to virus's  :-)) :-)) :-)) The amount of money that we spend on better security to prevent malware and hackers makes me angry. Let alone the time it takes to undo the bad stuff, and then install the so called good stuff. I could've bought myself something really lovely to wear and had my hair done.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #13489 on: February 06, 2015, 07:24:05 am »
Lots of shopping on here to read about... We don't eat much pasta thankfully, so I'm safe from that one.

CP that's scary... Keep us posted please.

I've just spent my wonderfully generous Christmas vouchers on art stuff and a book called "secrets from a chuckling goat", it hasn't arrived yet. I have spent a happy time sorting out my art stuff this week, some of it is very old from when I had some lessons in 2001 and 2003, and I've been given a LOT of secondhand paint and brushes and paper and boards. So I bought some canvases on a real good deal, a putty rubber, a sketch book, and some acrylic inks and a rubber tool for wiping out paint.
I have two classes next week with a new tutor so am looking forward to that a lot and she'd sent a long list of things we needed hence the shopping. DH will cut me a board from some left over ply this weekend for my easel. I haven't yet found my style or comfort zone but am enjoying the learning and the mess and it's wonderfully therapeutic, I lose myself for hours.

I also bought a bag of amazing Stylecraft wool for my next blanket project. Current one is made of squares with wool from the hospice shop progressing well and is so useful to make squares while on hospital appts etc. I've taken inspiration from here http://attic24.typepad.com and will be making the granny blanket. Instead of giving them away this year I may if they are finished in time auction them for DH's fundraising campaign for kidney cancer research. Depends how I get on, or if there is a real need. I usually give them away. There is always so much going on. Today I am finishing a manuscript.

Happy shopping everyone!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13490 on: February 06, 2015, 07:33:39 am »
CP that is a damn nuisance. I would have to pay someone to do it for me too. A hair do and nice clothes would have preferable as you said.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13491 on: February 06, 2015, 08:38:02 am »
DJ, it's wonderful that you've found something to return to that will give you so much pleasure.  I love the little crocheted robin on your link.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13492 on: February 06, 2015, 09:53:24 am »
Oh what a nuisance CP.I hope all is going well getting rid of the computer pest.

Great buys DJ. 8)
Enjoy your classes next week.And good luck on your next kitting project for raising funds for your Cancer charity.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Katj

• View Profile
« Reply #13493 on: February 06, 2015, 10:34:19 am »
DJ, thank you for that  website link.  I'm really enjoying looking at it and now know it is one to keep coming back to.
Something therapeutic about buying wool or any craft stuff for that matter.
I also love that little crocheted robin.
My local Podiatrist has a basket of wool and needles in the waiting room. Anybody can knit a few rows while the are waiting. The finished squares are put together for blankets for the needy. They look amazing when finished.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13494 on: February 06, 2015, 11:40:55 am »
what a brilliant idea Katj. Very thoughtful too.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Katj

• View Profile
« Reply #13495 on: February 06, 2015, 01:24:51 pm »
It is a great idea Cookie, sometimes I get there 15 minutes early, just so I can get a few rows done, lol.

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #13496 on: February 06, 2015, 10:01:53 pm »
It is a great idea Cookie, sometimes I get there 15 minutes early, just so I can get a few rows done, lol.

I think it's a really neat idea.

I started the granny blanket tonight, on the second row, won't know if I got the number sticthes right until the row end... Counting 240 chain sticthes is trickier than one thinks! Carry on tomorrow night.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #13497 on: February 06, 2015, 10:20:06 pm »
I love granny blankets...
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #13498 on: February 07, 2015, 12:44:35 am »
What a great idea KatJ.

DJ I'm so pleased that you have taken up art again as it will be such a great release for you and what a great site you have given us the link to - love the robin also!!!   Have great fun at your classes.

Offline Katj

• View Profile
« Reply #13499 on: February 07, 2015, 01:06:12 am »
DJ, that is difficult, I have started a baby blanket recently and miss counted twice. I turned TV off and asked DH not to talk for the duration, finally got it right.
That striped Granny Blanket on the website is lovely and bright, I'm tempted to order a pack of the wool. Do you have any idea how big a blanket would be using 1 pack of 17 balls? There is no size mentioned in the pattern.