Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4522232 times)

Offline sue_purrb

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #9285 on: July 02, 2013, 09:10:40 am »
I have been around, CP, just quiet and shy!!  ;D

Have been on a bit of a roller coaster recently, was briefly unemployed (I didn't know it would be brief.....horrible feeling). Now re-employed (same job, different company), so things looking up.  :) I did think I might be able to turn some of the enforced time off into a positive and join in one of the interstate retreats, but it wasn't to be.  :(

I would like to post more, so will try to surreptitiously take photos of my cooking (the family will think I have finally gone completely mad instead of just teetering on the brink  ;D), but I doubt that much of it will make the grade. I am getting better at making food taste good, with Thermy's help of course, but making it look pretty is another challenge altogether!  :D

Sue

Beauty is only fur deep.....

mcmich

« Reply #9286 on: July 02, 2013, 09:16:52 am »
We would love to see your cooking Sue. Have you visited the Oops thread lately? Lots of us have posted there.
I'm on a mission at the moment to make M&M biscuits -simple for most. I'm making a very hard job of it. Three goes and not a good one yet. Try number 4 coming up tomorrow.  :D

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #9287 on: July 02, 2013, 09:21:29 am »
I wish I could have a couple of those rejected biccies mich. I badly need a sugar fix today. Looked in the freezer to see if there were any frozen muffins - sadly no  :'( I'll have to make something sweet tomorrow as DH flies in  ;)
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

mcmich

« Reply #9288 on: July 02, 2013, 09:24:10 am »
I wish I could have a couple of those rejected biccies mich. I badly need a sugar fix today. Looked in the freezer to see if there were any frozen muffins - sadly no  :'( I'll have to make something sweet tomorrow as DH flies in  ;)

No you wouldn't have CP  :-\  totally ikky!!  Tomorrows another day  ;D

Offline snappy

• View Profile
« Reply #9289 on: July 02, 2013, 11:18:35 am »
We would love to see your cooking Sue. Have you visited the Oops thread lately? Lots of us have posted there.
I'm on a mission at the moment to make M&M biscuits -simple for most. I'm making a very hard job of it. Three goes and not a good one yet. Try number 4 coming up tomorrow.  :D

Mcmich my favourite way to make m&m biscuits is melting moments dough with the m&ms or smarties on top.  They do need to be thick - like the giant ones you buy at the cafes.  Always get lots of compliments.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9290 on: July 02, 2013, 12:25:20 pm »
I can't wait to see your cooking Sue Purrb. Mine is nothing special. I just snap it on the dinner plate or where it is.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #9291 on: July 02, 2013, 12:41:08 pm »
Same here!
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #9292 on: July 02, 2013, 02:09:48 pm »
bought Fit Flops in the sale, got them delivered to Mums house, all ready for when I get there Saturday

Offline rostess

• View Profile
« Reply #9293 on: July 02, 2013, 02:28:04 pm »
Cookie - we love cooking with the camp oven. Damper is a particular winner. Paella is also nice cooked on the camp fire as the heat gives it a nice crusty bottom.

mcmich

« Reply #9294 on: July 02, 2013, 08:29:32 pm »
Mcmich my favourite way to make m&m biscuits is melting moments dough with the m&ms or smarties on top.  They do need to be thick - like the giant ones you buy at the cafes.  Always get lots of compliments.

Thanks Snappy. I do think it's the biscuit dough that is the problem. I'm using a biscuit dough that I saw on youtube for m&m cookies but it spreads out and goes flat very quickly.

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #9295 on: July 02, 2013, 11:23:35 pm »
Cookie - our last big trip I cooked up a lot of meals, vac sealed them and froze them.
Which will only be any good if you have power to run a freezer....
Gee and I had some awesome thoughts on vego food to make and take too.
Oh well... ;D

Offline medusa

• View Profile
« Reply #9296 on: July 03, 2013, 12:00:30 am »
bought Fit Flops in the sale, got them delivered to Mums house, all ready for when I get there Saturday

What sale. I love fit flops.
Medusa, in Oz

mcmich

« Reply #9297 on: July 03, 2013, 12:06:59 am »
What are fit flops  ???

Offline medusa

• View Profile
« Reply #9298 on: July 03, 2013, 12:21:32 am »
Www.fitflops.com.au. So comfy I can't wear anything else now. I just don't have the money to buy them lol.
Medusa, in Oz

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #9299 on: July 03, 2013, 12:27:07 am »
Mich they are thongs  :)