Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4521883 times)

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #9270 on: July 02, 2013, 01:04:22 am »
Oh, I like the sewing machine!   ;D 
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #9271 on: July 02, 2013, 01:50:41 am »
I have a sewing machine, only used  it about twice...
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #9272 on: July 02, 2013, 01:52:52 am »
NEVER tell people you can sew!

(Especially if your DD is a member of a callisthenics/dance team  ;))
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #9273 on: July 02, 2013, 01:53:39 am »
Great advice CP...
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #9274 on: July 02, 2013, 04:48:28 am »
NEVER tell people you can sew!

(Especially if your DD is a member of a callisthenics/dance team  ;))

Sounds like you might be speaking from experience CP  ;)
I once told my mother's group I made my daughter's bandana bib....30 bibs later was wishing I never did.
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline JenJan

• View Profile
« Reply #9275 on: July 02, 2013, 05:25:48 am »
Yay! I did it...I finally went out and bought a Dyson animal vacuum cleaner to replace the expensive ('toad') machine I've been hating more and more every time I used it. Yay! No more expensive vacuum bags which won't go into the compost! (And are as rare as hen's teeth to buy anyway.) No more having to buy generic vacuum bags which leak dust and hair into the machine and filters! (Grrr!) I've just happily vacuumed my house, as well as inside the dreaded 'toad' (which I couldn't do with my hand held vacuum.)  And I like it!   :D :D :D

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #9276 on: July 02, 2013, 05:39:38 am »
CP - now I know what I did wrong!

JenJan, can you come and vacuum my place? My poor burnt orange electrolux has been patched together so many times, but just keeps going. I keep thinking I need a new one, but it keeps on resurecting itself
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline JenJan

• View Profile
« Reply #9277 on: July 02, 2013, 05:48:44 am »
EmeraldSue... I had an orange electrolux but it died years ago and I do miss it! It was heaps better than the 'toad'!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9278 on: July 02, 2013, 05:56:56 am »
DH and I went to both Coles and Woolworths this morning. We bought nothing. We walked around with pen and paper and wrote down things we will need to pack for food for the Birdsville trip. Food will be pretty basic as we won't have electricity. We're going to try and steer clear of pre fab food as we can't eat that anymore.
We are sharing the cooking with the other couple we are going with. He is a vegetarian so I am sure I will learn lots of new recipes. He doesn't mind us having a steak on the BBQ occasionally, with his wife.

If anyone has any super ideas for cooking without electricity I would love help.  ;D I plan bbq's, stir fries, risottos, all in one pot dinners of chicken, chick peas and Vegie curries. Possibly if we are brave some food in the camp oven. Most days we will be driving and sight seeing so not a lot of time to prepare meals.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #9279 on: July 02, 2013, 06:05:26 am »
Good on you JenJan enjoy your vacuuming

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #9280 on: July 02, 2013, 06:27:36 am »
Well done JenJan you will love it. If you have any in the household with long hair just watch how much hair gets caught in around the barrell (not sure how to describe it) of the cleaner head. I wondered why mine wasn't working very well on the weekend and noticed DD and her girlfriend had cleaned DD's bedroom and the girlfriends car and it was totatlly clogged up with long brown hair!! I had to use scissors to cut it all before I could get everything unclogged.

mcmich

« Reply #9281 on: July 02, 2013, 06:52:07 am »
You will love the vacuum JJ. There are several of us that have one on here now and haven't heard a bad about them yet.

Offline sue_purrb

• View Profile
« Reply #9282 on: July 02, 2013, 07:16:05 am »
If anyone has any super ideas for cooking without electricity I would love help.  ;D I plan bbq's, stir fries, risottos, all in one pot dinners of chicken, chick peas and Vegie curries. Possibly if we are brave some food in the camp oven. Most days we will be driving and sight seeing so not a lot of time to prepare meals.

Cookie, have you heard of the Eco-Pot, or thermal pot for camping? My friend has one and loves it. You just throw everything in the pot in the morning, put it over heat for about 5-10 mins to bring it up to temperature, then it goes into an insulated carrier and cooks in the residual heat all day. Dinner is ready as soon as you set up camp. You can get different size pots in the same carrier, so could have dessert cooking away as well.
My friend bought the model that can also be plugged into the car 12 volt outlet so that if they have a really long day travelling the food will stay hot for longer.
I think there are a few different brands around. I nearly bought one from Catch of the Day a while ago, before I remembered I don't go camping!!  :D
In my defence though, I have heard of a few people using them at home instead of slow cookers, as they only require that initial short heating time, so are cheaper to run.

Sue
Beauty is only fur deep.....

mcmich

« Reply #9283 on: July 02, 2013, 07:24:38 am »
I have a dream pot and use it at home. Makes lovely cakes and loaves. Also keeps things cold too.  :D

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #9284 on: July 02, 2013, 08:43:25 am »
Suepurrb you have been MIA for a long time! Welcome back  :D
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand