Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4522642 times)

*suzanne*

Re: Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #8595 on: May 17, 2013, 05:36:30 am »
cookie my mum always used to say before I left the house I hope you've got good under wearon in case you get hit by a bus
wonder I feel the same its how I feel about myself that is most important and it's great quality

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #8596 on: May 17, 2013, 06:49:08 am »
Victoria's secret unfortunately doesn't fit me well but I love Bendon online particuarly when they have sales.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #8597 on: May 17, 2013, 11:35:10 am »
Victoria's secret unfortunately doesn't fit me well but I love Bendon online particuarly when they have sales.
Ditto and there is a great Bendon factory outlet in Werribee (better than Smirh st). Worth the detour off the highway if you are ever nearby.

*suzanne*

Re: Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #8598 on: May 17, 2013, 01:25:39 pm »
lucky that it is perfect size wise for me I have trouble finding bras especially since I don't have much in that department ::)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #8599 on: May 17, 2013, 10:55:55 pm »
Well we picked up the new landcruiser yesterday afternoon.   .Not impress with car salesman ???,  just ignored me, Why are guys like that. >:(

Why do they have to put stickers on, want to pull them off. 

Monday or Tuesday we get the new Ford Ranger. :D  I like this Dealer principal, always looks after me.

will post photo today.

My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #8600 on: May 17, 2013, 11:18:49 pm »
Wow Obbie an exciting few days for you. Have fun.

Kimmyh, I much prefer buying through the online site when they have sales because I don't have to search through the store for my size and i can easily see when they have the matching set. I've got fussy as I've got older and will only buy a bra if there is a matching set of knickers. The site regularly has between 40 and 70% off and I've managed to get beautiful pleasure state sets  at prices I can afford rather than just dreaming. I haven't had to return many things but when I have it's free postage and you either get a credit or full refund.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #8601 on: May 17, 2013, 11:19:16 pm »
Well we picked up the new landcruiser yesterday afternoon.   .Not impress with car salesman ???,  just ignored me, Why are guys like that. >:(

Obbie, I once bought a new stove and the salesman kept ignoring me and talking to DH so I told him to please talk to me as I was the one going to use it and not DH.  We went back some weeks later to buy a hot water service and the look on his face was hilarious.  I am sure he thought I was an old dragon but I got the service.  We ladies have to stand up for ourselves.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #8602 on: May 18, 2013, 01:07:52 am »
Obbie, I had the same with our car salesman recently!  I was the one doing the running around and sorting everything out, but they treated me like a child!   >:(
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8603 on: May 18, 2013, 01:35:58 am »
It is commonly known that car salesmen ignore women - perhaps we should leave our husbands at home when we go looking.  What am I saying, I did do that ;D  Well almost, he stayed in the car as it wasn't worth getting the wheelchair out as at that stage we were only supposed to be looking.  I don't window shop, it's a waste of time so it wasn't surprising that I ended up buying the car that day (with his blessing when I ran the figures past him of course).  He wanted nothing to do with it, it was going to be my car as he no longer drove and therefore it was left to me to be a big girl and choose what I wanted and talk prices etc.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #8604 on: May 18, 2013, 02:32:07 am »
Judy, I did all the work, DH says this is what i want, all the extras we needed.

I got the quotes, did all the work, on the phone.

Insurance ect..

to get hello, how are you. i need to talk to my DH..

oh well, these should last 5 years.. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #8605 on: May 18, 2013, 08:24:43 am »
I hate it when you buy eg. a car and then all the correspondence from the dealership like insurance, newsletters etc goes to DH even though the salesmen know that its for me and I'm the one paying for it
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #8606 on: May 18, 2013, 09:04:54 am »
I just hate it in general when they talk to the hubby & ignore the wife.
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8607 on: May 18, 2013, 09:42:26 am »

Me too. I detest it when someone rings and asks to speak with him, when I can help them just as well. It's hilarious most of DH's car club friends ask me as well , but snooty know it alls ask for him and I can usually help them. I wonder how they treat their wives? 
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #8608 on: May 18, 2013, 12:10:32 pm »

I agree with all the comments, when I first went into Mazda the salesman asked me 3 times if I would like to either phone or come back with my husband.  I politely told him that I was out to buy a car for myself and my husband was happy not to attend!! as a result of that experience I went with the car broker who made the whole process relaxing.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #8609 on: May 18, 2013, 12:51:24 pm »
Wow Obbie an exciting few days for you. Have fun.

Kimmyh, I much prefer buying through the online site when they have sales because I don't have to search through the store for my size and i can easily see when they have the matching set. I've got fussy as I've got older and will only buy a bra if there is a matching set of knickers. The site regularly has between 40 and 70% off and I've managed to get beautiful pleasure state sets  at prices I can afford rather than just dreaming. I haven't had to return many things but when I have it's free postage and you either get a credit or full refund.
Thanks wonder I will check the website out.