Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4522698 times)

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #2760 on: May 03, 2012, 01:19:48 pm »
good purchases mcmich. I love all the Chanel perfumes except the Crystalle and Chanel No. 5. I bought myself a couple of pairs of PJ's from Sussans yesterday as well, and some matching slipper scuffs, and this gorgeous soft pink woollen cardigan to wear over the top instead of a robe. (Going to look a bit glam for the mothers day early morning photo's  ;))
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #2761 on: May 03, 2012, 06:16:37 pm »
I'm allergic to the ingredients in so many perfumes that I am mostly still using one that I liked all the way back in the '50s although it is difficult to find -  Ambush by Dana,  very inexpensive.
I also just got some  K L by Karl Lagerfeld which has a spicy base, instead of the floral types that make me sneeze.  It's more expensive but a little bit goes a very long way.
I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: May 03, 2012, 10:03:57 pm »
Andie, I'm allergic to pretty much any synthetic scent so they are all but banned in the house. Recently had house guests who despite numerous comments about my allergy sprayed her entire body (or so it seemed) with perfume each morning, needless to say I was very happy to see them go.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #2763 on: May 03, 2012, 10:40:48 pm »
That would of been horrible for you wonder. I could imagine how irritating it would of been for you. :)
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: May 03, 2012, 10:49:44 pm »
B**ch  :-))
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 12:44:47 am by judydawn »
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: May 03, 2012, 10:58:38 pm »
Andie, I'm allergic to pretty much any synthetic scent so they are all but banned in the house. Recently had house guests who despite numerous comments about my allergy sprayed her entire body (or so it seemed) with perfume each morning, needless to say I was very happy to see them go.

That is so rude.  I made a request to one visitor who was a heavy smoker, to wash her hair before bed as my pillows were quite expensive and new. She smoked in a gazebo across the street but never showered at night. I had to throw 4 pillows out . No way could washing or dry cleaning could get the smell out . Cost me over $400 . Guess who never came again? 

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #2766 on: May 03, 2012, 11:11:37 pm »
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 12:45:06 am by judydawn »
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: May 03, 2012, 11:29:59 pm »
I think that sometimes you just have to spell it out to some people . .. they hear the comments/hints etc. . . just doesn't sink in that it applies to them also!  But then, having said that . . . . .

Gert . . when you see those guests coming swap those pillows for the ones from the $2 shop!! ;D

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: May 03, 2012, 11:35:35 pm »
That's exactly what I was thinking Uni  :) Unfortunately it was family staying after my FIL passed away and everyone was very emotional so it wasn't the time to make a stance. I just put up with it in the open but my DH and kids all knew that I would have been feeling the effects. I was very happy when they said they were leaving and the house got a very thorough airing. Fortunately the symptons are relatively short lived if I can get away from the source.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: May 04, 2012, 12:12:03 am »
Yup wonder not the time but a shame none the less that ppl are so selfish and thoughtless. I think we have all had a bit of a rant about houses guests. We should extract the stories and publish a book!

How about the two guest from Switzerland who arrived for a  two week stay , she had only one bra and he only two pair of underpants. I know because I did all the washing . The one bra was what colour?  No not black  but near :o :o. They sat on their bums except when they went touring in our one and only car by themselves. Obviously they were friends of DH not mine.  They wanted to come the following year and I said if they come I would go and DH actually hesitated. Says it all eh? Thank goodness  she broke her leg and was unable to travel. Karma.

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: May 04, 2012, 12:20:24 am »
Dirty b***h  ;D
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 12:24:29 am by judydawn »

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: May 04, 2012, 12:21:54 am »
OMG, some people

To be a guest in someones house is an honour, how rude of them all.

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: May 04, 2012, 12:28:51 am »
OMG Gert you are a wonder woman. I have been married 9.5 years and doubt that I will make 10 years atm.
You girls crack me up with your little stories. Keep them coming.
DG  :-*
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: May 04, 2012, 12:41:32 am »
Dirty b***h  ;D

You made me laugh out loud  uni. Nearly spit my coffee.

Gert
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 12:24:03 am by judydawn »

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: May 04, 2012, 12:53:56 am »
i am a mean person >:(