Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4522221 times)

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #2250 on: April 03, 2012, 01:01:29 am »
andie,great buy and so cute

i bought this cake tin in bali, does any one know how to work out much batter i should use or should just double any cake recipe, and make cup cakes with the remaining batter ?

thanks in advance

uni  :-*
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: April 03, 2012, 06:00:24 am »
Uni you need to work out the area of each circle and then multiply each area byt its depth to calculate the volume of each section. Once you have done this add all three voumes together to obtain the toatl volume in cubic cm (or mm) generally one cubic centrmetre equals 10ml (i.e 100cc=1litre).

To work out the area of each circular section use Pi x radius(squared) Πr2

You will have to allow for the cake to rise in your calculations.  Alternatively you idea of making a double batch and using the left overs for cupcakes sounds easier. 

Let us know how you get on. I am interested in how you get the cooked cake out of the paan in one peice.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: April 03, 2012, 06:04:21 am »
Andie the penguins on your server are so cute.

Uni what an interesting cake tin. What is the circumference of the larger part?
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: April 03, 2012, 06:06:58 am »
andie,great buy and so cute

i bought this cake tin in bali, does any one know how to work out much batter i should use or should just double any cake recipe, and make cup cakes with the remaining batter ?

thanks in advance

uni  :-*

We will all be interested to see how it comes out and if it comes out of the pan easily. Amazing cake tin.

Be great as an ice sculpture with different colour layers or and ice cream cake. Imagine as a Bombe Alaska!! Endless uses.

What about a huge party pate :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: April 03, 2012, 06:24:03 am »
Love the penguins on your server Andie they are so cute.
Uni, that's a very interesting cake tin. Love to see a photo of the cake, I would just double or triple the cake recipe, not knowing the size of tin. Hope u are feeling better soon.
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #2255 on: April 04, 2012, 04:28:42 am »
DH bought this for me yesterday.  Love it,  (and him ;D),.  She lives in our local district and we often eat at her restaurant.  She cooks the most delicious food and is now growing 90% of fruit and veggies in her home garden. She has a Recipe for Bee-sting buns in the book and I am going to try them today.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: April 04, 2012, 05:12:44 am »
DH knows how to keep in your good books Chookie - bless his little cotton socks.  :-* :-* to DH
I love Bee Stings so will be awaiting your successful conversion. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: April 04, 2012, 05:19:32 am »

ME TOO!  8)

Love the server Andie...adorable!

.....well I have been notably absent from this thread (had you noticed?  :P)......because we're spending Easter at Daylesford.....and my favourite online store is actually in Daylesford!
and to add to my already mounting excitement....they are having a garage sale next door of their end of line/clearance goodies!
.....oh and to mention all the other gorgeous little shops I've heard about there.....will be in shopping heaven  8)
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: April 04, 2012, 05:22:31 am »
What a wonderful Easter break you are going to have maddy - looking forward to all the photos of the goodies you buy.  I would love to go to Daylesford, I hear it is a very pretty place.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: April 04, 2012, 05:26:14 am »

ME TOO!  8)

Love the server Andie...adorable!

.....well I have been notably absent from this thread (had you noticed?  :P)......because we're spending Easter at Daylesford.....and my favourite online store is actually in Daylesford!
and to add to my already mounting excitement....they are having a garage sale next door of their end of line/clearance goodies!
.....oh and to mention all the other gorgeous little shops I've heard about there.....will be in shopping heaven  8)

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

I wanna come too.

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: April 04, 2012, 06:16:03 am »
Me too. I've been there but DH wouldn't stop long enough for me to explore. :'( :'( :'( :'( His comment was that I already have enough 'rubbish'.

Chookie I love bee sting too. Especially at Ottos in Hahndorf, if it's still there.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: April 04, 2012, 06:27:35 am »
Have bought a new camp folding chair, camp stretcher bed, wet weather gear for the kids, a windproof jacket for myself, and LOTS of wine.
Guess who's going camping at Easter  ;D
Melbourne, inner north

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: April 04, 2012, 06:44:37 am »
Me too. I've been there but DH wouldn't stop long enough for me to explore. :'( :'( :'( :'( His comment was that I already have enough 'rubbish'.

Have bought a new camp folding chair, camp stretcher bed, wet weather gear for the kids, a windproof jacket for myself, and LOTS of wine.
Guess who's going camping at Easter 
;D

.....well I thought wine is part of the camping essentials list deedub!......it's the only thing I've packed so far  :P

.........EAT CAKE!

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: April 04, 2012, 06:45:55 am »
If I were forced to go camping I would pack a chef, a sommelier, a king sized bed, a handy man for all erections such as the circus sized tent, the cooks tent, the maids tent, the loo tent not to mention my spa tent.

The kitchen hand would need to bring all the crockery and crystal. A string quartet for some soothing  music and to drown out the critter noises would be a must. Oh and my DH. He loves camping. Thank goodnes we have the same taste in camping gear. Bless him.

Have fun and I hope it does not rain.

Gert

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #2264 on: April 04, 2012, 06:54:22 am »
Gert,  I will join you with your camping.  This is the life for me. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Maddy, we go through Dalesford quite often,  on our way to Ballarat to visit daughter and GC.  The best coffee and Pizzas are at Frangos,  the cafe on the corner.  Have a great time just walking around and looking.