Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4540997 times)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #1890 on: February 14, 2012, 06:43:56 am »
 ;D  No worries Dede.

I deal with pumps, insurance, doing quotes every day.

Talking to electricians, getting reports done for insurance is a daily thing for me.
Usually if it costs more than 50% of the new cost to repair, you get a new product replaced.

Fingers crossed for you.

Robyn
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

mcmich

« Reply #1891 on: February 15, 2012, 04:03:56 am »
I hope you are able to get a new dishwasher. It's lovely getting new appliances.

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: February 16, 2012, 12:23:54 am »
Another cookbook :-)) :-)) :-))
The Women's Weekly cook it  freeze it book looked too good to resist in the supermarket this morning.
“Age isn’t a number, it’s an attitude.“

Offline keiramax

• View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: February 16, 2012, 12:44:23 am »
The WW cookbook sounds interesting, always on the hunt for ready meals for the freezer.  Will have to have a look for it.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: February 16, 2012, 02:12:28 am »
Have just ordered it . . .on Fishpond  for $10.37   and free shipping . . . thanks !! just so needed another cook book . . :-)) :-))  Will have to install a filter on this thread!!!!! :D

http://www.fishpond.com.au/Books/Cook-it-Freeze-it-Australian-Womens-Weekly/9781863969932

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: February 16, 2012, 06:12:09 am »
Hahaha goldfish now whatever do you mean!!
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline keiramax

• View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: February 16, 2012, 06:57:55 am »
I did have a look at fishpond and then got carried away looking at all the other cookbooks.  Could have spent up big, but have to show some restraint at the moment.  Still paying off the TM

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: February 16, 2012, 09:05:24 am »
I ordered over $60 worth of books from that site, I couldn't help myself as I love WW cookbooks.  However, when I got to the paypal section there was no value in the box so I changed my mind and forgot about it.  I won't go back and look or try again, it wasn't meant to be (and I didn't really need them either)  ;D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: February 16, 2012, 09:14:22 am »
I won't use Paypal ever Judy since they removed nearly $800 from my bank account through  fraud. Still getting harassed from the b's.

Nah you didn't need it.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: February 16, 2012, 09:16:18 am »
I thought they were completely trustworthy Gretchen - that must have been a bad experience for you and to think they are still harassing you  :o
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: February 16, 2012, 09:34:30 am »
It was and still is. I have/had a Paypal account but never used it even once and all of a sudden they stole money from my bank account. Thank  goodness I just happened to check my account that day and ANZ refunded it immediately but Paypal went crazy trying to get the money from me and never  never was told t me what I had purchased using Paypal. I told them about if they did not stop with the threats I would put all the crapola into the hands of my solicitor. So far so good. Out and out fraud. It got  quite nasty.

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: February 16, 2012, 09:42:13 am »
Gert . . . sounds a little like your account was hacked . . .definitely something very fishy here . . . .

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #1902 on: February 16, 2012, 09:44:37 am »
Wow that's crazy Gert. I once had 2 lots of money taken out of my Paypal account from some overseas place. I contacted Paypal and they got onto it straight away and refunded the money. No problems here with dealing with them, but I have heard of things happening like what happened to you.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: February 16, 2012, 10:00:24 am »
I have  to say the bank was great and recognised it immediately as  fraud, Paypal not so much. They have no  central dispute  resolution place and I had emails from several departments. There was no coordination between them. It has been a nightmare. I was not worried too much as the money had been returned to my account and the bank put a flag up. I was just royally  p'ed  off at PayPal.  I have heard other horrendous stories since. Won't ever touch it again.

Gert

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: February 16, 2012, 10:10:11 am »
We use PayPal alot for many purchases and have never had a problem. Gretchen you are the first person I've heard say they have had trouble with PayPal.  I will make sure to keep an eye on my account from now on.