Author Topic: Air fryer times - general guide lines (2nd list)  (Read 26006 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Air fryer times - general guide lines (2nd list)
« on: June 08, 2014, 04:50:31 am »
I was not allowed to post any more times in the other a/f times thread so have started list 2 (the message said the post was over 20,000 words, first time I've seen that before).  See List 1 here.

Judy -  Chicken Kiev
Preheat a/f 180o, spray kievs and place on base of wire basket.  Cook 10 minutes, turn over and cook 2 minutes.

Judy - McMich's mince pinwheels.  Made half the recipe, cut 10 from 1 sheet of pastry and cooked in a/f preheated 180o for 16 mins.

Judy - Welsh Rarebit.  Spread on frozen bread then placed in the a/f before preheating to 180o.  Then set the time for 3.5 minutes/180o.  Good colour and a crisp bottom.

Judy - Pork forequarter chop  10 cm thick (338g) fat trimmed Pork forequarter chop, brushed with something I found in the pantry which I'd used on roast potatoes (have no idea what it was but it was something mixed with oil  :-))), preheated the a/f to 200o, placed the chop straight into the wire basket and cooked for 8 minutes. When the time was up I left it rest in there for 3 minutes and it was cooked to perfection. 

Judy - Thai Chicken Noodle Cakes - 12 minutes in a 180o preheated a/f.

Hally -Smashed Potatoes
Medium royal blues cut in half, steamed in TM basket, 23 mins/varoma temp/speed 3-4. Let cool, smash with mc, drizzle with olive oil. A/F pre-heated 200o, 15 mins, then turn over and cook another 10-15 mins. This was while pork was resting.
Picture here

Gert Breakfast
One slice Beet Bread, an old hotdog, a sliced tomato, an egg and wasabi cheese on top
Pre heat AF 190o then in for 6/7 min.
Picture on this page.

Gert - meatloaf Using 500g of mince. 180 degrees for 25 minutes, flip the loaf and cook another 12 minutes. Picture on this page.

Gert - small loaf of bread A quick bread. Only 300 gms Laucke soy and linseed. 200 degrees for 12 minutes on silicone paper. Removed paper at 12 minutes flipped then in for another 3 minutes. Probably should have flipped at 10 minute mark.
See picture on this page.

Gert - Rack of lamb  Rack of lamb with 4 chops, it was the BEST ever.  7 minutes on 180o then 8 minutes on 200o for rare for me.
Chicko rolls from frozen . 200o for about 15 minutes I think.

Gert - 17 minute lunch Frozen crumbed whiting. My own hand made chips and sweet potato crisps. Fish and chips is basket 200o/9 minutes, shake and then cook a further 8 minutes. See photo on this page, scroll down.

Gert 1.3kg chicken - maybe 180o/28 minutes/ flipped once. Parson's nose eaten at 12 minute mark!

Gert -scrolls with the yogurt dough made with leftovers from fridge. 15 minutes 200o. Photo on this page.

Gert Stuffed mushrooms Mushrooms stuffed with home made goats cheese, feta, tomatoes  and cheddar with a balsamic reduction glaze. 180o for 9 minutes.

Gert -  I cooked 2 chicken marylands for 12 minutes on 180 then turned them over for a further 8 mins. Perfect and perfectly crispy. They
 were pretty big.

Uni - Calzones mini calzone filled with sauce,cheese,olives and lots of anchovies. A tad over done, 8 mins at 200o, will try 6 mins next time. See Uni's photo on this page, scroll down.

Uni - Fritters Remove wire basket from a/f, preheat to 200o, cook for 4 mins, turn, then 2 mins @200o. .  Picture on this page.

Uni - Meatloaf Photo on this page
500 g mince
Plus whatever else to add to your meat loaf
Wrap in Baking Paper and foil. Shape to fit basket
30 mins @ 200o
10 mins @ 200o uncovered

Uni No name biscuits See pictures on this page
Dough made in a TM/baked in the Philips XL
125 g butter, softened
80 g  caster sugar
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
20 g cup plain flour
rind of 1 orange
5 - 6 mins @ 150
Makes 27

Cream butter and sugar add remaining ingredients
Mix on speed 6 for 20 seconds
I used a 1 tbl size ice cream  scoop, made 27
Freezing a few for testing and some in the fridge to try tomorrow

Uni Roast Chicken 1.578kg for 40mins @180oC.

Uni chicken wings 7 chicken wings 20 mins @180o then 2 mins @200o. XL Philips

Uni - roast potatoes Frozen, pre-cooked, halved potatoes - 12 mins at 200oC. ( I steamed them in the varoma bowl then place on the varoma tray to dry then open freeze on the same tray) .

Uni - roasted eggplant  27 mins/200 degrees

Uni - Olive Oil Crackers in the philips XL 3-4 mins @200º. in the kogan1500w 5-6mins [/b]

Uni - Salmon & Spinach toast
philips XL
preheat at 200º
1 slice of bread
1tbl spinach
1tbl salmon
1 egg
s&p
bake @ 180º, for 6 to 9 mins depending on how you like your egg

Chookie - Isi's Crispy Olives.  About 12 mins, flip, then 4 minutes, 200o.  Baked for first 10 minutes in stainless steel container then in wire basket.

Chookie - CP's cream puffs - I had 3 cream puffs , un filled but split,  left over.  I put them in a plastic bag and they went soft.  I placed them in AF, 3 minutes from cold, 180 degrees.  Beautiful and crisp. Will make double next time as this is perfect for crisping  them up.

BZB roasted cashews  air roasted to perfection. 4 mins/170oC. Preheated first.

Courton Aromatic Cardamon Chilli Chicken

Chookie - 1/2 recipe of Quicker than a packet cake, 12 minutes in AF, in coffee cups.
Chocolate chip and blackberries dropped on top.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 01:09:48 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
Re: Air fryer times - general guide lines (2nd list)
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 10:25:44 pm »
Cream puffs. I had 3 cream puffs , un filled but split,  left over.  I put them in a plastic bag and they went soft.  I placed them in AF, 3 minutes from cold, 180 degrees.  Beautiful and crisp. Will make double next time as this is perfect for crisping  them up.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 04:46:29 am »
I made Spicy pork balls from Quick fix every occasion on the weekend. They cooked beautifully 180deg 12 minutes. A lovely Tasty recipe made quicker with the AF
Denise

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2022, 10:08:30 pm »
Made toast in AF. Home made bread particually good.
Heat AF for 3 minutes
Place slices of bread on wire, ( buttered or not)
Check often.
Will have browned on both sides.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2022, 12:32:37 am by judydawn »

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2022, 08:46:59 am »
Thanks Chookie. That is logical  I must give it a go.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2022, 09:34:39 pm »
Chookie that’s so good , one day I’ll get an air fryer .

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2022, 07:58:29 am »
Me too K Atie - although last time I visited Chookie and Ral they convinced me that I couldn't possibly survive without one and they were going to 'work' on DH.  Hopefully one day Chookie, Ral and I will win the 'discussion'.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.