Author Topic: Amy-Style Porridge (with photos)  (Read 4506 times)

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
Amy-Style Porridge (with photos)
« on: May 11, 2012, 01:14:43 am »
Hi everyone,
I got the basic idea for this porridge from the Chinese-Style Porridge recipe in EDC, so I have called it Amy-Style Porridge ;D I have also made variations on my variation, so I have listed my favourite variation in the recipe, and the others are below under variations.

Amy-Style Porridge
Serves 2-3

Ingredients:
20g raw buckwheat
20g red quinoa
10g slivered almonds
10g chia seeds
35g wholegrain rolled oats
200ml milk
300ml water
1 banana
Small splash milk, etra
Desired toppings, such as yoghurt

Method:
1. Add buckwheat, quinoa, almonds and chia seeds to TM bowl. Grind for 30 seconds/speed 9. (I hold a tea-towel over the lid to stop little bits flicking out everywhere.)
2. Add oats, milk and water. Cook for 10 minutes/90 degrees/reverse + speed 2-3.
3. Add banana and the extra splash of milk. Mix for 20 seconds/speed 2-3.
4. Pour into serving bowls and add desired toppings. (I like plain vanilla yoghurt.)

Variations:
1. Use whole millet instead of red quinoa, raw cashews instead of almonds, and pumpkin seeds instead of chia.
2. Grind oats with first four ingredients to give a smoother consistency. I kept the oats whole to add a bit of texture.
3. Use whole millet instead of buckwheat, walnuts instead of almonds, and sunflower seeds instead of chia.

These are just the variations I have tried and liked. You can substitute any grains or nuts you like and just use the cooking time as a guide.
I will note that I did try using pistachios and they weren't very nice.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Amy-Style Porridge (with photos)
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 01:42:34 am »
That's exactly the texture I like for my porridge Amy but we all differ on that one.  Nice, healthy recipe.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.