Author Topic: Anything goes for Uni  (Read 7924181 times)

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
Re: Anything goes for Uni
« Reply #38565 on: March 21, 2020, 09:57:00 pm »
Marina, that is ridiculous. 
Looks like we are in this for the long run.  I’m going to use the time to cook things that would normally test my patience. Saw a lovely photo of an Isolation Cake. 
TMX consultants in our area are not doing home demos.  They are doing them online.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #38566 on: March 21, 2020, 10:00:30 pm »
Marina, that is ridiculous. 
Looks like we are in this for the long run.  I’m going to use the time to cook things that would normally test my patience. Saw a lovely photo of an Isolation Cake. 
TMX consultants in our area are not doing home demos.  They are doing them online.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38567 on: March 22, 2020, 12:04:10 am »
Have fun with your cooking Chookie, it will keep you happy.  I’ve started living out of my freezer stocks but do have to cook the chicken tenderloins to go with the veggie bakes.

Marina, I’m glad you found more stock of masks - inflated prices seem to be very common now.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #38568 on: March 22, 2020, 06:33:57 am »
OMG, $9 for a Cauli.   What is going on.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38569 on: March 22, 2020, 10:02:18 am »

Nothing new here. It is after all a winter vegetable. We have to be prepared for a lot of changes in our lives. Shit is gunna hit the fan and most of us are blessed.
Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #38570 on: March 22, 2020, 10:06:26 am »

They were $10 at Vic Market yesterday.  The stall holder said the prices are because the big chains are buying everything up and the smaller buyers have to accept what they can get as they still have their customer base to serve - and I believe that after our debacle over face masks and discussions with other retailers in our street.

On another note, I managed to lop a bit off the tip of one of my fingers today - the very last cut of a cauliflower  :) for my final  a meal.  Needless to say it bled like a stuck pig (if you will excuse the expression) and I had to ring DH to come up to Guildford on his bike to pick me up and take me home as I couldn't drive.  It will be fine, just incredibly inconvenient with a huge bandage on one of my fingers - typing is interesting - it has taken me longer to correct all the errors in my typing than it took me to type this note in the first place.

Looks like we will have to shut down on Tuesday.  That will be drastic for all concerned.  Times will be tight for us, but so many traders / retailers, etc. are in a worse position than we are, it is going to be hard times ahead for some time to come.  I wonder if there is such a thing as a take away violin  ;D
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38571 on: March 22, 2020, 11:57:07 am »
 I can sympathise with your cut finger Marina, I had a bad cut some time back and it was so difficult to even bandage it myself let alone finish what I was doing which was making a lasagne. They bleed so profusely don’t they and it is so inconvenient.  Good luck with keeping your heads above water once the shop closes, DH could surely still work on repairs etc could he not?  You my dear can have a well earned rest. 
It looks like I will get one more gym session in before they have to close so I will have to walk a lot more when that happens.  We will cope.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #38572 on: March 22, 2020, 12:16:49 pm »
Well the cauliflower we had for dinner was nice ,might be a treat if that for awhile . Cooling down at night , now I wished I had upgraded our Donna the other day .

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38573 on: March 22, 2020, 12:27:00 pm »
Marina what a dreadful thing re the masks. 
I only buy cauli here when it is on special. The minimum price is usually $4-$6.

I hope your finger is ok Marina. Did you have stitches? A friend did his the other day, with an angle grinder.  It almost took the bone as well. They ended up operating on it to repair everything.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38574 on: March 22, 2020, 05:07:15 pm »
It’s Mother Day here today. DS turned up with Purple Sprouting Broccoli, Kale and Spinach, a  sour dough loaf and Chocolate Chip Scones. We sat outside having coffee. He won’t come into the van now and keeps his distance hence we sat outside for our coffee.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #38575 on: March 22, 2020, 08:59:50 pm »
Marina, you poor thing.  This whole Coronavirus is an awful thing. It is affecting so many people in such a drastic way. 
CC, that was a very nice way to celebrate. 
Gert, keep safe.
Our DS and Melbourne family held a video face time thingy with us yesterday. It was so nice to see them all.  They had little butterflies floating around as we talked. Think they were checking to see we are behaving ourselves.
Cooler today. Will try and dig up a bit more of the veggie garden.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #38576 on: March 23, 2020, 01:25:06 am »
Sorry about your finger Marina, I hope it heals up quickly.
A visit to the doctor this afternoon.  Nothing major but we will sit well away from anyone else.
DS and DIL flying home from Queensland today, I hope they are allowed in.  DIL is a nurse in ED so I am sure they will allow her in , not sure about DS.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #38577 on: March 23, 2020, 03:44:31 am »
Kids studying! Friend called past we exchanged goods eggs for milk !

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #38578 on: March 23, 2020, 04:43:54 am »
That sort of exchange is good, K Atie.

Hope everyone travels well and are allowed in Margaret
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38579 on: March 23, 2020, 05:47:31 am »
It has finally happened, our nursing home has closed down for at least 2 weeks - not unexpected, it was just a matter of when.  I will have to send emails to my dear Mum via one of the nurses. My gym of course closed as well but I was able to get a final session in before the deadline.  Great timing really as I hopped on the scales and today I reached my goal of losing 10 kg .  So now I’ve got so much more time at home which is something I’ve not had for years.  I will put that time to good use and I started yesterday by clearing out a chest of drawers in the back bedroom.  I put a mobile phone and a camera up on a local giveaway site and they were snapped up in no time.  I’m sure to find a lot more things as I work my way through every cupboard and drawer in the house, this culling caper never seems to end!