Author Topic: Sugar and egg free Apple Spice cake with raspberry cream cheese frosting  (Read 9204 times)

Offline floweryspring

• View Profile
Time to give one back. Not sure if anyone else has posted this before.

My DD turned 1 on Saturday and I had planned on making her first birthday cake as a smash cake. Wednesday rolled around and we received a call that our things are still in dock! Right! We had just moved out of the corporate acco into our own apt And have NO furniture. we have some paper plates, forks, spoons and cups. Tmx had just arrived luckily. So mad dash to shops next few days to buy all the required ingredients. And made the batter and frosting in tmx. I have never made a cake in tmx before as I owned a kitchenaid mixer. Turned out quite good.

Apple spice cake from wholesome baby website (makes 1 cake)

1/2 cup molasses
1 cup applesauce
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cloves
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1-3/4 cup flour
1 tsp ginger

Mix the molasses and applesauce in tmx bowl speed 2 till done.
Add remaining ingredients and knead few seconds till mixed.
Bake in a nonstick 8 x 8-inch baking pan or one sprayed with a non-stick spray, in a 350° F for 30 to 45 minutes, or until it tests done.

**The batter may be a bit dry and you may need to add more applesauce or a bit of water. Try adding 1/4 cup of applesauce first then gradually add a bit of water by tablespoon**

Sugar free raspberry cream cheese frosting

2packs of Philly cream cheese room temp
2 punnets raspberries washed and dried
Agave nectar to taste ( I used 3 tbs)

Put raspberries in tmx. Purée speed 4 till smooth. Prob 10 seconds or so? Put through strainer to separate juice and seeds. Discard seeds. Rinse tmx bowl and wipe dry.

Put cream cheese, raspberry purée (how much depends on how dark colour you want) and agave nectar blitz speed 6 few seconds. Scrap down, blitz until desired consistency.

** I made another cake with agave nectar instead of molasses for colour difference to stack it and left out the cloves in this. Also added extra applesauce to the first but not second. Cooled both cakes, cut tops off to stack. Did a crumb coating and chucked in freezer for half hour and then piped rose swirls with a 1M Wilton tip. Added blueberries next morning to form the number 1.

It took me 6 hours from start to finish as I had a baby to run after. Make 2 cakes with just 1 pan and with not much kitchen equipment. Also used butterfly with first batch of frosting which turned out too runny. Lucky I bought lots of ingredients to cover me!  But really should take lot lesser time.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 05:18:08 pm by floweryspring »

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Good news that your new TM has arrived and you were able to make the birthday cake FS. The cake looks superb  8)
BTW the recipe looks good too ;)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 05:41:25 pm by Cornish Cream »
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Lovely cake for a first birthday, belated happy birthday to your DD  and well you with your first TMX cake. Hopefully you get to unpack your contents very soon and life becomes easier FS.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
Great looking and sounding cake.

Offline kmw

• View Profile
Thanks for posting - I have my daughter's 1st birthday coming up & this looks like a great cake for her

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
Love how you decorated it FS. I should give this a go soon.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
Lovely cake.

Offline floweryspring

• View Profile
Thanks. Quite easy to pipe. There is a tutorial on iambaker.net - she is the one who came up with the rose cake. Let me know how it turns out

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Congratulations on getting out of a sticky situation so well. The cake looks lovely and the recipe very enticing. I will try it.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
Congratulations, FS - a super result!! well done!!  Would love to try your recipe! :D