Author Topic: I HAVE given up smoking  (Read 109817 times)

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
I HAVE given up smoking
« on: November 19, 2012, 11:10:29 pm »
  Yes I know it's a terrible habit, and I have been doing it for way way to long (about 25 years :o) I have made the decision that this will be my New Years resolution.
I have set my self a date now so as to get my mind prepared for it. If I give up earlier then all well and good. But for now its set for New Year's Day.
I thought I would tell as many people as I can of my plans so I'm more likely to give it a really good go. What better place to announce it than right here.

I would love to be smoke free before I turn 40 so this is my last chance. My friend who has been smoking as long as me is also giving up as well. So we can support each other through the good and the bad.

Cold turkey is going to be my method as I have tried the patches, and the medication but with no luck. So cold turkey it will be. :) :) :)

That it I'm about to press send, no turning back now, you will all be reading this within a few minutes.

Ok posting now ...
Right I'm posting right NOW :)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 06:26:15 am by dede »
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
Re: I giving up smoking :D
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 11:11:42 pm »
Good on you, its so unhealthy.

Jst keep cooking to keep your fingers busy :) or typing on here :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 11:12:14 pm »
Oh wow, I didn't even know you smoked Mandi :o :(

So glad you want to give up!! We will all be here to support you :D

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 11:14:13 pm »
Yes I would think I would be spending quiet a bit of time on here, also gardening, cleaning, cooking, walking etc etc. I will be keeping myself very busy. But I'm looking forward to getting rid of them once and for all. And if I happen to put on weight so be it, I will deal with that later once the smoking habit is gone for good :)

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 11:15:22 pm »
Oh wow, I didn't even know you smoked Mandi :o :(

So glad you want to give up!! We will all be here to support you :D

It's something I certainly don't advertise Amy, so now it's out and you all know I can't hide it any more. And I want to make you all proud of me :)

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 11:15:44 pm »
Good luck Mandi.  :D
We are here to lean on if/when you need it.  :-*
:D

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 11:16:27 pm »
Good girl Mandi hope all goes well and you totally give up soon you will feel much healthier and much richer  ;D ;D

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2012, 11:17:42 pm »
Being a few kgs over target is healthier than smoking, plus you can loose them, quick to come quick to go. ;D

Not snoking will. Be a challenge as its a habit, start trying to do things out of routine now with the smoking. If you have a smoke after a cupa, dont have the smoke have a glass of water instead etc, get me ???

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2012, 11:18:35 pm »
Well done Mandi, we are proud of you already for making this big decision :D

Hally is right too ;)

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2012, 11:19:05 pm »
Good girl Mandi hope all goes well and you totally give up soon you will feel much healthier and much richer  ;D ;D

Yes health and money are certainly a big part of giving up, also the social aspect as well. People don't like smelling smoke, or seeing smokers. I'm done with it, it's taken over my life for far to long. It's time :)

And I really can't afford to smoke, we scrape by as it is. It makes me feel guilty :(

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2012, 11:20:05 pm »
Being a few kgs over target is healthier than smoking, plus you can loose them, quick to come quick to go. ;D

Not snoking will. Be a challenge as its a habit, start trying to do things out of routine now with the smoking. If you have a smoke after a cupa, dont have the smoke have a glass of water instead etc, get me ???

Good idea Hally, I will start doing that from today.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2012, 11:21:52 pm »
Also put the money that you spend on cigarettes in a special  place & buy yoursef an indulgent treat with the money, something you would never buy :)

Offline phatassphairy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2012, 11:23:08 pm »
goood luck .... and oooommmming you energy ... but i reckon cold turkey is the way to do most things.

My sister got hypnotised and it worked a treat for her. i used to smoke many moons ago .... but the moment i found out i was preg with our first ... i stopped and have pretty much been smoke free ever since ....((except the few drunken moments in the early days where i forgot i didn't smoke and made myself sick  :P :P :P) .....  i dont think that trigger ever leaves you .... if i didn't have kids i wonder if i could of ever given up .... i guess that will be a unanswered question. And i guess that is what lead me to my obesity ...having kids and giving up smoking..... so now i have the band ...which i am glad its my option.

fingers xed for you
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 11:25:34 pm by phatassphairy »
as long as you keep eating my pancakes .....i will stand here and keep flippin them out filled with nothing but love in my heart 'cause you chose my table to sit at =)P

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2012, 11:23:48 pm »
Also put the money that you spend on cigarettes in a special  place & buy yoursef an indulgent treat with the money, something you would never buy :)

I would have a good amount of money in six months, maybe a holiday away to a special place for the whole family, something we never do. :)

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2012, 11:24:15 pm »
That sounds like a brilliant idea Mandi ;D