Author Topic: New Forum coming up  (Read 62941 times)

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
Re: New Forum coming up
« Reply #135 on: April 01, 2015, 10:05:33 am »
Having finally had a chance to have a bit of a play with the new-look forum, I quite like it - except for the advertisements embedded in the posts.  I am quite happy to have advertisements at the top/bottom/sides of the page, but the ads in the middle of the posts are really distracting and annoying.
Karen in Adelaide

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 01, 2015, 11:19:05 am »
Hello Again

I removed the "in between post" adds and they appear at the end of the page only.

Tap is working.

Regards

Offline kyton

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 01, 2015, 11:59:43 am »
Thank you Admin for reinstating tapatalk!
Kylie

Offline ElsieD

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 01, 2015, 01:33:24 pm »
I asked this question in another thread but sadly for me, no one has been able to respond so I am posting here.  I download Tapatalk but my question now is, how do I delete  forums I do not want and how do I add this forum?  This is the one I really want and unless I can read it, which right now is very difficult, there is no sense in subscribing to it.  The font is tiny, the ads on the side take up at least 25% of the space on my iPad and the faintness of the font doesn't help either.  From what I have read, if I can get Tapatalk to work, it should be a lot easier to read.  Thank you.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 01, 2015, 01:50:21 pm »
Sorry Elsie, I can't help you on this one as I don't use Tapatalk even though I downloaded it quite a while ago.  I don't like it so I don't use it.  I'm sure someone will answer your question on due course but you may have to be patient on this one. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 01, 2015, 09:12:03 pm »
Thank you MM!  I find it much much better without the ads in between posts.
Karen in Adelaide

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
New Forum coming up
« Reply #141 on: April 02, 2015, 08:21:56 am »
I asked this question in another thread but sadly for me, no one has been able to respond so I am posting here.  I download Tapatalk but my question now is, how do I delete  forums I do not want and how do I add this forum?  This is the one I really want and unless I can read it, which right now is very difficult, there is no sense in subscribing to it.  The font is tiny, the ads on the side take up at least 25% of the space on my iPad and the faintness of the font doesn't help either.  From what I have read, if I can get Tapatalk to work, it should be a lot easier to read.  Thank you.

I don't think you need to delete the forums you don't want, these are just suggestions - unless you add them you're not subscribed to them.

At the bottom of the page are some icons,  the icon that looks like binoculars  (glasses) is the search function, search for forum Thermomix, then select it and add it. The icon that looks like a person is your home screen, once you've added the forum it will appear here. If it's the only forum you've added, it will be the only forum that should appear on this screen.

Sign in with your normal forum name and password.
Hope that helps.

In regards to reading the forum via the Internet version on your iPad - I have a mini iPad, so the font is small. I always turn my iPad to landscape to make it bigger, then I stretch the screen so it's bigger again, I stretch it so the ads disappear off the side of the iPad and I'm only left with the part of the forum I want to read.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 08:26:00 am by Katiej »
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 02, 2015, 09:00:00 am »
Thanks for your reply Katie.( I hadn't a clue) I'm sure other members will be grateful too :-*
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 02, 2015, 09:42:49 am »
What great thinking Katie. I will stretch my screen so the side ad disappears too. Thanks.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline ElsieD

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 04, 2015, 01:21:00 am »

I don't think you need to delete the forums you don't want, these are just suggestions - unless you add them you're not subscribed to them.

At the bottom of the page are some icons,  the icon that looks like binoculars  (glasses) is the search function, search for forum Thermomix, then select it and add it. The icon that looks like a person is your home screen, once you've added the forum it will appear here. If it's the only forum you've added, it will be the only forum that should appear on this screen.

Sign in with your normal forum name and password.
Hope that helps.

Thank you so very much for this.  I downloaded Tapatalk and I can now read the forums perfectly and with no ads!  I am very pleased with it.  Can I search for recipes using Tapatalk?

Elsie

In regards to reading the forum via the Internet version on your iPad - I have a mini iPad, so the font is small. I always turn my iPad to landscape to make it bigger, then I stretch the screen so it's bigger again, I stretch it so the ads disappear off the side of the iPad and I'm only left with the part of the forum I want to read.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 06, 2015, 09:18:45 pm »
Does anyone else have problems with  the title header being cut in 1/2.   It only reads rum rmomix!  I use an iPad.
Denise

Offline ElsieD

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 06, 2015, 09:44:10 pm »
I see exactly what you see.   Odd that the rest of it is cut off.

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 06, 2015, 10:06:36 pm »
Yes it's the same on my iPad Denise.
But it's ok on my laptop.
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 06, 2015, 11:13:39 pm »
I have no Thermomix heading on my iPad, it starts with the green band with Home, Help, Search, Admin buttons etc.  Good thing I have that band or I wouldn't be much help as a moderator.

I've had a query over the weekend from a member who couldn't find a recipe so I used Mr Google to find it for her which I have always found quicker.  Is anyone else having trouble searching for things?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 05:30:37 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 07, 2015, 04:42:00 am »
Thanks, I guess it ok then?
Denise