Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6134422 times)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #10365 on: August 20, 2013, 07:33:21 am »
Thats great news Jess.

DH is feeling alot better..
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #10366 on: August 20, 2013, 11:03:54 am »
Just found out one of my cousins lives in cairns, had no idea! He saw my FB status and contacted me, so now we're catching up on Thursday. Kids had lots of pool time today, I even had a swim myself. Searched out all the icecream shops in Palm Cove (very important mission) and generally had a relaxing day.
Here's DD enjoying the beer ass chicken

Yum!
Melbourne, inner north

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #10367 on: August 20, 2013, 02:49:59 pm »
Maddy I know a lot of people going to Pink and really wish I had of thought to purchase tickets, the concert seemed  amazing. We've stayed at Crown Metropol a few times and it's beautiful, great location and wonderful rooms. We would also love to take the kids there although they are now a bit older and not as blown away by hotel pools as they once were.

We did find the hotel was too warm, not a huge complaint....maybe we're just too accustomed to an old drafty house   :P would definitely go back...and pack summer clothes  ;)

DJ...sounds like things are really falling into place you two 8)

deedub..what a lovely surprise  8)
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #10368 on: August 20, 2013, 03:07:14 pm »
DJ, how do you do it all?? Amazing!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10369 on: August 20, 2013, 11:46:10 pm »
DJ it's great reading all the things that you're getting done at your place now and you sound very busy.  Looking forward to those pictures of the transformation of the Aga.

Our Crowne was a little too warm too maddy, the a/c would go no lower than 16 and we woke during the night because we were too hot. Apart from that the only other complaint I have of all hotels is that the bedroom lighting is always too dim.

Robyn, your DH will feel like a new man after his op.

How lovely that you're going to meet up with your cousin Debbie, an added bonus to your Cairns holiday.

Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #10370 on: August 21, 2013, 01:19:33 am »
I find all hotel rooms are too warm at night as the airconditioning never goes low enough.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10371 on: August 21, 2013, 02:05:30 am »
I find all hotel rooms are too warm at night as the airconditioning never goes low enough.

The Crowne was fine for me. It was all about adjusting the fan plus temp. It was a wee bit complicated. You  really had to study it until you saw how it worked with the little green, orange and yellow lights. A bit of a man job really. A woman would have just made a simple HOT OR COLD. I  like my room cold so I kept it that way and it was quiet.

Gert

Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #10372 on: August 21, 2013, 02:30:03 am »
syill trying to get internet after 5 weeks at home
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

[/url

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #10373 on: August 21, 2013, 02:50:17 am »
Mine was fine too although when I arrived the temp was set at 16 so I adjusted it to 21 and then it was perfect.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10374 on: August 21, 2013, 02:54:35 am »
Well CC and I had no idea what we were doing  :D  We even had trouble finding the bedside lights, the on off switch should be a contrasting colour for people our age  :-))
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10375 on: August 21, 2013, 05:12:08 am »
The bedside lights were all but hidden in the dark. What don't they let women design all hotel rooms to suit us and we get to choose what is in the mini bar.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #10376 on: August 21, 2013, 06:43:46 am »
Not much going on here today. DS is sick so had an interrupted sleep and early start. Yawn!!  Just about to have dinner and then pack the kids off to bed so I can get an early night too.
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #10377 on: August 21, 2013, 07:00:13 am »
Gert, yes we could pick whats in the mini bar :D

What sort of fittings in the rooms, ect.

[/url

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #10378 on: August 21, 2013, 07:25:20 am »
The whole afternoon wasted trying to register for an AUSkey  (so I can lodge bas statements electronically)  >:(  PITA....had several calls to tech guys as everything on my pc seemed to disable it, how to re-register 3 times, then repeatedly had to verify myself with shed loads of security questions each time......no wonder I gave up last time, and just post them in late  :P

About to whip up some playdough to anchor the balloon table decos for weekends party
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10379 on: August 21, 2013, 01:04:32 pm »
I feel your pain Maddy,I post!
I must be cold blooded as I arced my air con up to 22 and still felt chilled. I thought the light switches were well hidden at the crowne, I am sure we could design a much more user friendly room. But not complaining...bed comfy.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 01:21:33 pm by Bedlam »
Denise