Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6074452 times)

Offline desi

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #135 on: June 19, 2012, 07:12:41 am »
Amy, I think it is a bit of both :)

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #136 on: June 19, 2012, 07:17:09 am »
Spent the day framing today. Was lovely and quiet with the kids at school and just me and Dozer (the cat) in the shop.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 19, 2012, 07:18:31 am »
at work, now reading the kids report cards that came today.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline desi

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 19, 2012, 07:29:34 am »
Obbie you brought me quite a few years back, when our young people were little. I do miss that time :'(

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 19, 2012, 07:52:35 am »
Today has been absolutely non-stop, up & dressed: first self then 3 kids, breakfast for all, Load of washing out of machine, hung, next load in machine and on, Miss 5 dropped at school, supermarket, home to put groceries away and get 4 bread batches made and rising, back to school to supervise swimming lessons for 1hr, home again, shape scrolls and buns, set them to rise while I fold washing, lunch for self and 2 daughters, out to an Enjo demo while scrolls and buns rise ALOT (2hrs in full sunlight), home, back to school to pick up Miss 5, Hang next load of wash and fold another, put away wash, cook scrolls & buns - and taste test  :-)),
put girls down for a rest, strip 1 bed after miss3 spills some water in it (which she sneaked into her room, by the way), remake bed, put her in again, get dinner ready, sit down to catch up here......
:D

mcmich

« Reply #140 on: June 19, 2012, 07:59:51 am »
Had a brilliant day at work.
Even after 34yrs, I love nursing. Now I'm home and I have the privilege of doing it again tomorrow.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 19, 2012, 08:34:24 am »
Had a brilliant day at work.
Even after 34yrs, I love nursing. Now I'm home and I have the privilege of doing it again tomorrow.

I love hearing people say such positive things about their work :D If I ever get sick I hope I'm in your hospital Michele ;)

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 19, 2012, 09:22:34 am »
How wonderful Michelle, I'm glad you get such a sense if fulfilment from your work. Nurses as such wonderful people.

I've been at work today also, another long day. I'm on the train heading home to cook dinner & then some cupcakes for a lady at my work who is turning 40 tomorrow. She isn't happy about the big 40 so I'm hoping the cupcakes might cheer her up!
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 19, 2012, 11:25:05 am »
Katiej, are you & your new   dh having a break away.

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 19, 2012, 12:25:17 pm »
Pouring here today. I went and had my hair cut and had coffee with DD and a wander around the shops. Home for lunch, a bit of housework and then DH and I visited friends. Time to rush home and put a curry on and veg in front of TV while I read. (After a quick look on the forum)
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 19, 2012, 09:29:48 pm »
After walking the dog made my way into London to help DD and see GS.The weather has been sunny so we walked GS into Canary Wharf.Late home tonight so just eggs for supper.Tomorrow is going to be interesting as we have a planned electricity power cut,renewing a cable down our lane.DH has bought a generator :-))
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 19, 2012, 09:45:40 pm »
Lol cookie. Hope tmro not too bad for cuts CC.

Today I proof read a dissertation today for DH's colleague.
Then took car to garage, been without it a week. Had to jump start it. Only then ended up going in land rover for 2 hours...... On mystery tour of farm. Dh decided he needed to see one of his men, then couldn't find him.
I was right in middle of baking cookies, luckily not yet in oven! Back is much better thankfully. Anyway it was sunny and it was good to be out.

Reheated last nights supper tonight, still very good.

Did ironing.
Then bath and tapping away on my iPad.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 19, 2012, 10:06:17 pm »
Desi my kids are still little, they should be all grown up, with me as there mother.. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 20, 2012, 04:21:41 am »
Its very dark here today. We've had thunder, lightening, hail and lots of heavy rain :(

Good day for baking though ;) And I might get some study done between the baking and browsing the forum :-))

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 20, 2012, 05:10:55 am »
Both kids at school today, finally! My first child free day for 2 weeks. Walked the dog, did washing, tried to clean oven, went out & bought pie maker, made biscuits, now relaxing a bit b4 I do some more cooking & cleaning b4 school pickup.
Freezing here today.
Melbourne, inner north