Author Topic: Advice for New Cookware.  (Read 2805 times)

Offline Bootobethin

• View Profile
Advice for New Cookware.
« on: October 31, 2013, 10:39:09 pm »
I have a new kitchen including a new Induction cook top.
I am about to buy new cookware and wanted some advice from other cooks.
Although I mostly use my Thermomix and it now has its own bench space with rangehood I still need a few pots and pans.
Any advice on types and brands others use would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks!

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
Re: Re: Advice for New Cookware.
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 01:28:14 am »
When my parents upgraded their kitchen i was dragged along to help. We took a magnet into the shops to test for induction suitability paired with how we liked the look/feel of the cookware.

I'd love to see a pic of your thermomix's home with rangehood. We are planning a new kitchen and am thinking about suitable 'homes' for my tmx.... at the moment I think it will live out on the bench but also have a second home with exhaust fan in the walk in pantry for when it is a bit noisy.
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline astarra

• View Profile
Re: Advice for New Cookware.
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 01:56:52 am »
We put induction in when we did our new kitchen 2.5yrs ago, I love it (when I use it, I use TM alot more tho) and would not go back to non-induction if I had any choice. My dad actually paid the difference so I could have it as he love the safety factor of it. My saucepan set is 'zip' brand (I got it in NZ before I was married from 'The Warehouse' so is not an expensive brand but is still going strong after 8.5years, I have no complaints about the quality at all.)  I did get a free Raco set with my cooktop which I sold on-line as I didn't need or want any more saucepans, the lady that brought them loves them so may help...?
Good luck with choosing.  :D
:D

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, 02:06:51 am »
We have an induction holster we use in the caravan. We had to buy new pots for it. I took a magnet too. We eventually bought a set from Big W as they won't get a lot of use. It has been very good. It was about $50 for the set and they have glass lids and look lovely.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Bootobethin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 09:04:00 am »
Thank you all for your generous advice it is much appreciated.
I am still looking and testing with a magnet.