Author Topic: Rice milk recipe for TM  (Read 3776 times)

Offline snag

• View Profile
Rice milk recipe for TM
« on: October 13, 2012, 12:20:47 am »
Hello everyone how are you all :)
I wanted to share my rice milk recipe. I read many recipe on how to make this and have finally come a food conclusion or variation of making rice milk. First of all this is very healthy and in my eyes better than cows milk in every way.

Cows milk I buy is refined by man, this is my sole reason basically for forsaking this. In fact I have left much of he western diet behind me due to the refined nature of all the food. Anyway this is a story for another day. Today I am going to write down how I make this amazing milk.

First of all you need

a fine strainer
a glass bottle for the final product
a funnel
a thermo mix
a second bowl 2 litre capacity

Ingredients:
A bag of natural brown rice
A bag of natural rolled oats
Some kind of honey
pure authentic maple syrup
natural vanilla essence

First place 50 to 100 grams of brown rice in the TM bowl and 50 to 100 grams oats in the TM bowl also.
Fill the bottle with water and pour that in the bowl, fill the bottle 1/2 to 1/3 full of water and pour that into the Tm bowl again.
Now place the lid on the Tm bowl, lock it.

Speed 1 reverse, 70/ 80 degrees, 20/ 40 mins. I changed the temp, to hot I think wrecks this.

How much rice and oats you use is up to you, the more oats you use the creamier it will be and the more rice, the more healthy.
Once cooking has completed use a spoon to get a grain of rice and eat it. If it is soft then it is done, if the rice is hard then cook it longer.
As you cook the water will be reduce so you may need to add more water. Remember the more water the less creamy. So it is good to guess the right amount of water at the start.

Now once the rice is soft you will see the water is white. Pour the contents of the bowl into a strainer over the second larger bowl. Strain the liquid while all the rice and oats remains in the strainer. All this rice and oat you may discard for compost or eat it. If you want some pulp put some in the liquid.

Now clean the tm bowl. Pour the strained liquid from the bowl back into the tm bowl. Now I add 40 grams of honey, 20 grams of pure maple syrup and a cap of natural vanilla essence. Or just go the honey, up to you.

If you added pulp you will need to pulverise the liquid on speed 10 for 10 secs,

Now the final step, mix for 5 minutes maybe 10 on speed 2 no temp

Now use the funnel to pour the liquid into the bottle. Hoping there is enough liquid to fill the bottle to the top. No more no less.

Before you pour it in check the consistency. If you want more runny add more water, I do not do this.

Woo lah,

oh make some almond milk if you so desire for further texture.

10 grams blanched almonds
100 grams water, pulverise for 30 secs, add that to the milk too

My last tip, use 100% natural ingredients do not use any refined added ingredients. This makes a much nicer milk

thank you enjoy
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 09:37:04 am by snag »

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
Re: Rice milk recipe for TM
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 12:25:54 am »
Hi Snag, welcome to the forum and thanks for the recipe.  I may well give this a try, but it would be great if you could give us either the total volume of water or size of bottle you used to help with making this milk.  Would you recommend to use filtered water or tap water?
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline snag

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 09:37:42 am »
Hi Snag, welcome to the forum and thanks for the recipe.  I may well give this a try, but it would be great if you could give us either the total volume of water or size of bottle you used to help with making this milk.  Would you recommend to use filtered water or tap water?

No worries I just updates how to do this recipe, a few minor changes to make it yummy as!

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 08:55:36 pm »
Hi Snag thank you for this post I will try it, I made rice milk once in thevTMX but I didn't like it, I do make Almond milk, love my porridge made with it.  I used to buy Rice milk before I had the TMX.

Offline snag

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 10:32:59 am »
Hello I use fltered water and I used a 1 liter bottle.

Just make sure you use the right amount of ingredients that will pour and fit in the bottle.
It can be hard to judge.