Author Topic: New Forum and Tapatalk  (Read 14087 times)

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
Re: New Forum and Tapatalk
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2015, 08:55:26 pm »
.......   I really want to be able to follow this forum but I find the type hard to read and the ads taking up 1/3 of the right hand side of the page don't help either.

I've come on today - hello everyone -  and found I can hardly read the posts, or read as I type a reply like now as it is so small. The contrast is too vague, the White background needs stronger print colour and  larger font.

I find the adverts too intrusive and distracting and I understand the revenue is vital to keep this going.

I don't want to be negative when clearly a lot of work has gone in to the new site and  yet I feel I should say something.

I loved the forum and used it so often for recipes... I find I am struggling already and I've only been on twice today.

Am I the only one to be struggling? I felt better when I saw ElsieD's post.
I used to belong to another forum ages ago and it didn't survive a radical makeover, please don't let this happen to this special place.
Thanks and hope you can make it more user friendly.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2015, 09:23:45 pm »
Admin is looking into our concerns about the new forum layout DJ.The adverts drive me nuts too :D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline ElsieD

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2015, 01:18:53 am »
.......   I really want to be able to follow this forum but I find the type hard to read and the ads taking up 1/3 of the right hand side of the page don't help either.

I've come on today - hello everyone -  and found I can hardly read the posts, or read as I type a reply like now as it is so small. The contrast is too vague, the White background needs stronger print colour and  larger font.

I find the adverts too intrusive and distracting and I understand the revenue is vital to keep this going.

I don't want to be negative when clearly a lot of work has gone in to the new site and  yet I feel I should say something.

I loved the forum and used it so often for recipes... I find I am struggling already and I've only been on twice today.

Am I the only one to be struggling? I felt better when I saw ElsieD's post.
I used to belong to another forum ages ago and it didn't survive a radical makeover, please don't let this happen to this special place.
Thanks and hope you can make it more user friendly.
r

I posted the same question I posted below to another thread and someone suggested I download Tapatalk and get the posts through that.  I did this and it is now very easy to read and no ads.   I have only just done this so I don't know if I can use the search engine through Tapatalk, I need to fiddle around with it to see.  Please do try Tapatalk, you will be very pleasantly surprised.

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2015, 01:35:54 am »
ElsieD in tapatalk on the homepage top right hand side is a drop down bar the search and messages are there. I love tapatalk and hardly ever use the forum online. Might if I could remember my login. Lol
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

Offline ElsieD

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2015, 01:51:44 am »
ElsieD in tapatalk on the homepage top right hand side is a drop down bar the search and messages are there. I love tapatalk and hardly ever use the forum online. Might if I could remember my login. Lol

Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you!  I thank you and my eyes thank you.  It looks like the search capability has improved.  Mind you, that was just in the one search I did to try it out.  This is a fabulous forum, even better now that I can read it!

Offline Bootobethin

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2015, 04:57:47 am »
Yes I agree really the only way to use the forum is via tapatalk.
I tried web based forum again as Tapatalk is not my preference.
I am disappointed with the new forum unfortunately.
The search function still does not find threads or recipes easily.
The buttons are really hard to see as they blend into the background.
It is difficult to use recipes from the screen due to the contrast issues.
I am really sorry to be a bit negative but this is such a great resource and community it would be sad if new members didn't find it easy to use or that oldies didn't persist and contribute.
I have persisted for a few days but am really disappointed
I hope things can be ironed out a bit..

Offline MrsG

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2015, 11:40:43 am »
I use tapatalk but don't get any ads at all. Are you using the free version or the paid one? I use tapatalk pro.
Thank you for reinstating tapatalk. I tried looking online the other day and struggled with the layout too.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2015, 12:46:28 pm »
It is the size of the print that is getting me down. I know I can increase the iPad screen size but I like to see it all at once. Another thing I have had great difficulty in seeing is when people use a word to do a link. The word comes up as being light blue and I tend to miss it on the iPad.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2015, 01:25:35 am »
I agree Cookie the size of the print is so small and light it is so hard to read