Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6114509 times)

Offline mab19

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #27810 on: March 18, 2024, 05:56:40 am »
Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts.  The doctor mentioned those injections so I think that is what will happen.

I had a blood test this morning and then picked up my glasses from the optition, they needed new lenses
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27811 on: March 18, 2024, 08:30:14 am »
You are so correct about the injections and your teeth Chookie. My SIL has been having the injections for many years and it has caused problems with her teeth.
A friend had been down to Augusta for a week and got some figs. He called round yesterday and asked if I would make him some jam. Of course, I said yes.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #27812 on: March 18, 2024, 09:43:53 am »
Cookie what kind of problems did she have with her teeth may I ask .
A restful day as seem to be suffering from hay fever I think . DH is in his element, taking sheep to market in the semi truck . Boys ! He is on his second trip tonight . I’ll be happy once he is back home . Finely DS rang and had a chat today , all good .

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #27813 on: March 18, 2024, 09:34:33 pm »
Birthday party at local Italian restaurant for GS. So nice to be with nice young people. One young man is from Perth and is staying with DD and G S. DD says she has a second son.
DS birthday today. He is in Melbourne so won’t see him.
Cleaner here today. She comes for 2 hours, every 2 weeks.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #27814 on: March 19, 2024, 06:29:43 am »
Chookie what fun to celebrate your GS birthday. Funny how families have birthdays all in the same month or so , we are November December (4 of us ) birthdays. Yoga this morning followed by our quilting group . Home and a quick rest . Now to invent dinner out of the cupboard or freezer.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #27815 on: March 20, 2024, 10:09:02 am »
Well I did my first recycling of bottles cans plastics at the deposit depo . All 10cent returns can go into the container. It was a learning curb and so funny, two elderly men also had not done it before so we were learning together. Another bloke came and new all the tricks ! Like it kept rejecting some - turn them around and they will go in !! It worked . A boot load of months of horsing all kinds of bottles, plastic bottles glass and tin . Apparently the kids juice boxes also recycle for 10cents ! So gust how much ..$18. Well that’s a bonus but … maybe it took money off for each reject ! I’ll look at that next time . I’m really a bit hocked too . As the shearer’s left a lot of cans and bottles so that’s my next trip . Although it will be a very noisy one I think .

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #27816 on: March 20, 2024, 03:19:32 pm »
A worthwhile trip, Katie.  Those recycling depots sound like an excellent idea.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #27817 on: March 20, 2024, 08:39:43 pm »
A worthwhile trip, Katie.  Those recycling depots sound like an excellent idea.
agree, will try it.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27818 on: March 20, 2024, 09:09:02 pm »
That recycling depot sounds complicated K Atie. I just squash my plastic water bottles, fill two of those large striped plastic bags then the boys at my depot empty the bags and trust me with my numbers. Once it’s my turn it takes very little time and I have to do nothing except open the door or boot for them. I wait until I have $50 worth then give it to my 15 year old Grandson to save towards a car. My neighbour is now bringing her PET bottles over to add to my collection so I usually do 2 trips a year to the recycling centre.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #27819 on: March 21, 2024, 08:39:34 am »
I went looking for some warm winter pants but I had no luck.  We are very limited here for suitable clothing for the older generation.  I have lost so much weight that I am starting to really feel the cold now the days are cooling off.

I did the shopping after that.  I bought some potatoes as were getting low then DS came home with a large bag of potatoes tonight.  That should  keep us going for a while.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 08:43:08 am by mab19 »

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27820 on: March 21, 2024, 11:19:20 am »
KAtie my SIL had to have teeth removed on 2 occasions. They started to crumble through lack of calcium. She has had to get a plate. However she is nearly 81.
I had a big day planned but the lady down the way rang and asked to come up. She stayed for several hours so my busy day didn’t eventuate.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #27821 on: March 22, 2024, 07:35:28 am »
I  cleaned the stove top and oven today.  This is not my favourite job..

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27822 on: March 22, 2024, 11:34:10 am »
I caught up on bits and pieces that needed doing, all the little things.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #27823 on: March 23, 2024, 04:46:52 am »
I had an ultrasound on my heal to see what’s going on , incase there is tissue damage or foreign object . Dentist for crown to be fitted . Then still have another one to do . Took my torn dress to be fixed , but forgot to collect it ! Hopefully DD will get it next week . Yesterday I started sneezing again so telfast to the rescue this am . Decided to drink lots of ginger honey lemon and cardamom drink . Yesterday I drove right beside the grande Prix ! Love the sound of the F1s so so powerful. DD went on Thursday just on ground . Amazed at the low fencing around some of the track .

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #27824 on: March 23, 2024, 10:19:42 am »
Quick trip to the hospital with a vertigo attack. Had one 20 years ago ,  this was a bit different. Hate hospitals, but this is why we came to Ballarat. Ok now and taking pills for a couple of days. My GS who is 20, rang the Ambulance and handled all the questions.