Author Topic: Blog Etiquette  (Read 3074 times)

007rocket

Blog Etiquette
« on: December 18, 2011, 09:50:13 pm »
Hello all

I've just started blogging and was wondering if there was "code" I should be following?  So far I can think of ..

Photo's are a must!
Acknowledge the source.

If using a recipe from a official TMX book, do you say that, or modify it to be your own?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Renae

Offline johnro

• View Profile
Re: Blog Etiquette
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 09:56:30 pm »
Renae the wonderful pros of the forum and more importantly blogging will be able to exapnd on my reply - but whether you use a recipe or modify with your adaptation you need to acknowledge the original source 
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 12:21:00 am »
due to copyright law you would not be able to add the recipe without the authors prior permission
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 12:39:43 am »
There are some similar threads already on here - will see if I can find them for you  :)

found some for you

here is one, and another one is here, there is also some more info here and the last one that I could find is here

Hope it helps  :)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 12:57:44 am by faffa_70 »
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 09:35:40 am »
just acknowledge the recipe that you blog and post the link if there is one also to direct people back to the source of the recipe..

CP thats nice in theory but if thats the case then there are alot of recipes on here that shouldnt be..we all get recpes from somewhere or another and unless its an actual created recipe from scratch and I dont mean one pulled from 3 different recipes to make your own very slightly altered version then like everyone else (well mostly) already does if you acknowledge the orgin of the recipe then tis all good imo!  Problems start when people post recipes as their own when they are not..  Even when I translate recpes they are always linked back to the orginal site even when not many would even understand it..after all forums and blogs are all about sharing and even if you convert a non thx recipe into thx mode the source still needs to be acknowledged..just beause its converted does not make it your recipe...your conversion yes but not your recipe..so source needs to be acknowledged...However if someone was to print a book or create an app and make money off of it and not acknowledge someone or get their permission to use the recipe then that is a big no no and incredibly rude...blogs to me are a different story as is this forum..its about sharing!
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/