Author Topic: Hi from Tassie  (Read 7265 times)

2flossy2

Hi from Tassie
« on: March 25, 2013, 09:45:17 pm »
Hi everyone I am 2flossy2 from Tasmania in Australia. My husband bought me my wonderful TM as a surprise as I have been going on and on about it for some time. However he bought it online and the machine arrived in  good order with user manual, but no cook book. I am now led to believe that you must purchase through official channels to have a demo or lessons. Can any body give me a heads up as to get the basics so I start cooking?
I have read som of the posts on the forum and think I am going to enjoy it immensely .

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
Re: Hi from Tassie
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 10:03:06 pm »
Welcome Flossy, I just wrote on your other thread.  I didn't know you could buy on line? .  Ok my first suggestion is are any of your friends interested in looking at a Thermomix why not ask one of them to hold a demo that way you will see it in action if you haven't already, how did you hear about it, my SIL introduced me at a demo I couldn't get it out of my brain although it took me about two years to actually buy one. But now I just love it.  Ok not sure what to suggest for your first cook up, I don't know what you like. 
If you can't decide, maybe start with a simple soup, or just put some sugar in and wizz up for 10 sec on 9 make powdered sugar, try some rice make rice flour, the first couple of weeks are real learning curbs.  Keep coming back on , even just on this tread and asking questions someone is usually on line to answer. Main thing is to have fun, we all have a few disasters.  ;)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 10:28:59 pm »
Hi 2flossy2, welcome to the forum.  You will love your machine but will definitely need to be shown how it works.  You will, unfortunately have trouble buying the recipe book which we all get for free with the machine when we buy through a consultant. It is not for sale to the general public. You will probably also have warranty problems too I think.  Have you tried to make anything from the forum recipes, is it all double Dutch to you or have you managed to push the right buttons etc.  Do you have a friend who has a machine, could she give you some advice? I see no reason why you couldn't attend one of the cooking demos Thermomix have in all states.  Good luck with everything and please do not overload the bowl or try to chop a full bowl of huge chunks of pumpkin for example as this will cause damage which will not show up immediately but further down the track.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 10:53:15 pm »
Where abouts in Tassie are you flossy? I am in Tas and could maybe show you a few things if you are close and would like...??  :) There are a few of us from Tas on here! Love this place!!  ;D
Welcome to the forum, by the way.  ;)
:D

2flossy2

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 11:31:37 pm »
Hi astarra, I am from Westbury in the north. I welcome any help from you all.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 11:39:56 pm »
Fairly close then, we are in Deloraine.   :D
How many do you cook for? And what sorts of things do you like?
:D

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 12:20:34 am »
Hi 2flossy2 - and a very warm welcome to the forum.  I hope you can find another tmx owner nearby who can show you the ropes - or perhaps find a local consultant and have a demo perhaps.  One formula to remember is to set these in order:

Time . . .  temperature . . . . speed

Also take a look here at a list of favourites from CreamPuff63, and practise on the simple recipes first.

http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=6470.0

You'll soon get the hang of it.  Any problems, pop them on here and you'll be met with plenty of advice!

Good luck! And do let us know how you're getting on! :D

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2013, 03:14:29 am »
Hi and welcome
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2013, 03:34:41 am »
Hi and welcome.  See if you can spend a couple of hours with someone who has a TMX.  Attend a Back to basics class.  Have fun.

mcmich

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2013, 04:54:44 am »
Welcome to the forum Flossy. Looks like there are a couple of forum members that can help you out. Hope it all comes together for you.  :)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2013, 06:17:06 am »
Welcome Flossy. There have been some great suggestions here to help you. A Back to Basics class would be perfect. Or you could cheat and ask for a demonstration. Hopefully someone near you will be able to help.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

2flossy2

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2013, 08:40:33 am »
Thank you everyone for your help today and your welcoming comments. It's lovely to have made so many new friends with a common interest.
Cheers 2flossy2

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2013, 08:56:11 am »
Welcome 2F2 to the forum.I see our wonderful members have come to your aid with suggestions. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2013, 09:08:35 am »
Welcome to the forum.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2013, 11:20:52 am »
Hi flossy and welcome. Hope you can go to a demo or class soon. Once you know the basics, you will ready to rock and roll ;)