Author Topic: Anti-Inflammatory: The (Metabolic) Plan (elimination diet)  (Read 11582 times)

Offline Akeru_Joyden

• View Profile
Anti-Inflammatory: The (Metabolic) Plan (elimination diet)
« on: March 02, 2018, 01:06:25 am »
I have started converting recipes from Lyn-Genet Recitas' books The Plan and The Metabolic Plan to Thermomix friendly recipes. I am having really good results with this lifestyle change, as the non-reactive foods are allowing me to lose weight too. The anti-inflammatory diet is to reduce overall inflammation in the body which can help a multitude of issues. Mine is Heart based problems... and weight.

Any advice for converting "normal" recipes to Thermomix recipes?

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Anti-Inflammatory: The (Metabolic) Plan (elimination diet)
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 01:15:53 am »
Hello and welcome to the forum Akera.  All I can do to help is suggest you look at a few recipes, some will have a link back to the original recipe from which the poster converted it to the Thermomix. It is not as daunting as it seems once you’ve done a couple. Do write down every single step whilst converting though as sometimes you will not remember what speed or how long you’ve done a particular stage for. I usually write out the whole recipe as I think it could be done then adjust the times etc as I go along.  It is time comsuming but so worth converting recipes.  Please do share some of your conversions with the forum if you are happy with them.

I will find a sample of one of my converted recipes and post the link here so that you can see how I did it.
Not as easy as I thought it would be and I have to go out so check the link to this recipe conversion - it’s in tips at the end of the recipe http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=15664.0
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 01:23:45 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Anti-Inflammatory: The (Metabolic) Plan (elimination diet)
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 05:25:09 am »
Hello and welcome Akera. As you become familiar with your thermomix it becomes easier to convert. Always be cautious as it is easy to add extra time, but you can't rescue food after you have destroyed it. A good place to look for similar recipes is the book that came with your thermomix.
Good luck with the conversions and please feel free to ask if you need any help.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/