Author Topic: Never Fail Cupcakes  (Read 72964 times)

Offline triley

• View Profile
Re: Never Fail Cupcakes
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2011, 04:26:09 pm »
Just made these for my son's cricket team tomorrow.  Never really made cupcakes but these were so easy.  They look good so I'm sure a dozen teens will wolf them down in no time.

Offline lindy

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2011, 03:32:03 am »
These are delicious!! The yummiest cupcake recipe ever- beautiful texture and flavour :) Thanks so much for sharing- I'm going to try the frosting too. Just made a batch of mini cupcakes and about to make up a 2nd batch of mix for normal sized cupcakes. I scoffed so much of the first lot that Im feeling a bit ill but it was SO worth it :D

eta- i added about 3 Tbsp milk to my mix- could probably even done with a little more than that as it was very thick :) and I also used butter instead of marg :)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 04:36:05 am by lindy »

Offline LeeJ

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2011, 04:20:33 am »
This is very similar to my recipe, its
225gms Sr flour,
225gms sugar
225gms butter or nuttelex (to make dairy free)
4 eggs.
Cream sugar and butter, add eggs one at a time, mix in flour.
They are beautiful, as I'm sure your recipe is  ;D
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 11:24:02 am by judydawn »

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2011, 09:05:42 am »
This is very similar to my recipe, its
225gms Sr flour,
225ems sugar
225gms butter or nuttelex (to make dairy free)
4 eggs.
Cream sugar and butter, add eggs one at a time, mix in flour.
They are beautiful, as I'm sure your recipe is  ;D

LeeJ, what temp & time do you cook yours for?
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline LeeJ

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2011, 12:16:38 pm »
190, 15 minutes, for 18 cakes.

They 'turn' quickly, so i always keep an eye on the end for just the right amount of 'browness'

For a sponge, 180, 2 x 20cm cakes tins, 20 minutes :)

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2011, 12:25:52 pm »
 :-*  thanks LeeJ.
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2011, 05:01:37 am »
Unfortunately, these didn't work too well for me. I cooked at 200 as I thought 225 in my oven is too hot. They peaked and were brown around the edges. Nice and soft when still warm, but I didn't like the texture when cooled. They were quite light, but not 'fluffy' or soft.

I made lamingtons from them and they were perfect for that as they didn't disintegrate when placed in the icing.

My normal cupcake recipe uses less sugar and more flour and gives a fluffier cake texture.

220g dairy soft
150g caster sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
240g SR flour

Make the same way. 180 degrees C FF or 190 if not FF for 15 minutes.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2011, 11:12:09 am »
mj I just had a look in Lady Flo's book and she says:
if cup cakes are to be iced and smooth tops required, bake in a moderately hot oven (190 - 220C). For peaked tops (necessary for butterfly cakes), bake in a hot oven (200-230C) and place cakes in the hottest part of oven, usually near the top of gas ovens and at the bottom of electric ovens. Check oven guide for your particular stove.

To make Jelly Cakes
: use 1 pkt red or lime-green jelly crystals and coconut for rolling cakes in. Dissolve jelly crystals in 1 cup boiling water and allow them to almost set. Take each cake and dip into soft jelly, then roll in coconut. Place in refrigerator to set. Cut off top of cake, add a good dollop of whipped cream and replace the lid.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline amie78

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2011, 04:23:08 am »
I made these the other day and they were perfect. What was even better is that my cupcakes from scratch never work so it made getting my TMX so worth it.  Just have to master my icing as that didn't come out right.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2011, 11:09:26 am »
amie78, have you tried this creamy vanilla frosting for your cupcakes - it is a very popular recipe.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline amie78

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2011, 01:26:54 pm »
 I normally only use meadow lea marg and icing sugar for mine so I think I will use the butterfly next time.  But I definately want to try that icing  :)

Offline SuzieG

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2011, 08:08:33 pm »
I made these and the frosting yesterday very easy. Taste test last night and these were lovely.

Thanks for the recipe!

Offline Coops

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2011, 07:31:54 pm »
I use this recipe all the time, as a cake and cupcakes, it's great, in fact made some last night for my DDs birthday :) Wanting to do choc cupcakes too, do you think this recipe could be easily adapted to become chocolate?

Offline Lellyj

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2011, 07:37:57 pm »
Coops, I think if you replaced some flour for cocoa you would be fine, or try I Love Bimby's chocolate cake recipe which is a forum icon.  Lots of people make that into cupcakes, although I have only made it as a slab cake.  The recipe would make heaps.
Teacher and Mum in Phillip Island, Victoria

Offline KerrynN

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2012, 05:13:03 am »
I made these today to take to school for DS7s birthday treat for his class. I baulked at the amount of sugar (given sugar in the icing and in the popcorn topping) so replaced it with half rapadura and half pear puree (75g each). My cup cake pans were a bit big so the cakes were not huge but they still tasted good. I iced them with a cream cheese and vanilla sugar icing, and then, as per birthday boy's request topped them with homemade caramel popcorn.
Kerryn