Author Topic: Oreo Cookie Pops  (Read 83295 times)

Offline Quasar4legs

• View Profile
Re: Oreo Cookie Pops
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2010, 04:44:40 am »
Thanks for posting this, I have the cake pop book and having been meaning to have a try.
I am off to order the cupcake mold, they are so cute.

Hugs Quasar

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2010, 05:08:38 am »
The mold supplier in America must be wondering why the sudden rush for the cupcake mold Maddy - I've ordered another 3 for presents. You should be getting a spotters fee  ;) ;)
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline berringamababe

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2010, 09:24:02 am »
Wow these are great, can't wait to make them.
Going to add them to the chrissy hampers.  Thanks!!!

Offline Thermo Jo (aka Jodi)

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2010, 09:42:18 am »
Maddy,
These are truly amazing! You're so clever.  I love them.  I might have to add them to my Christmas wish list. (It keeps growing!!!)  :D My poor husband never knows what I'm going to ask for next.

Thanks for all the gorgeous photos, they really show how easy they are to make.

Demonstrator in training!
Converted for life!

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2010, 10:38:44 pm »
The mold supplier in America must be wondering why the sudden rush for the cupcake mold Maddy - I've ordered another 3 for presents. You should be getting a spotters fee  ;) ;)

LoL.....I was thinking the same thing  :D
Hence, wishing it was my invention  ;)

I noticed they have sold out at the moment, but I'm  sure they'll come back again soon.
If you don't have the mold, you can make them Bakerella's way.
Here is her instructions:

Begin to shape into cupcakes using a small flower-shaped cookie cutter. (see below) Take the chilled ball and roll it into more of an oval and then slide into cookie cutter. Push it into cutter until about half fills the cutter and the rest sticks out of the top in the shape of a mound. Then push the shaped cupcake carefully out of the cookie cutter from the bottom. Set right side up on a wax paper covered cookie sheet. Continue with remaining balls.

Once shaped, cover and return to freezer. (5-10 minutes)
TIP: You can leave them covered in the refrigerator overnight if you want to do the dipping on the following day.

Then proceed with the dipping process

.........EAT CAKE!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2010, 10:52:57 pm »
That looks pretty easy maddy - the cookie cutters are readily available in home shops and much cheaper than the molds & postage. 

Trawling through my Christmas folder last night I found a couple of items I have made in the past (Christmas truffles using fruit mince & Choc-mint truffles) which I think would be quite suitable for these little cupcake molds. They are both rolled into balls, set in the fridge to harden up then dipped in chocolate so I am going to give them a go.  Maybe the taste is more an adult taste but I know more adults than kids so will give it a go. 

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2010, 11:17:46 pm »
That looks pretty easy maddy - the cookie cutters are readily available in home shops and much cheaper than the molds & postage. 

They are more fiddly, time consuming and harder to get them all same.
Personally, the mold was money well spent  IMO  ;)  so quick and easy......that's the reason why the Mum invented it.....clever woman!   8)

.........EAT CAKE!

Offline willowfox

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2010, 10:45:55 am »
Thanks for this info Maddy, i looked at making these last year and never got round to it, i have a double kids birthday party on the weekend so think i may try them, where can i get the sticks you use?? spotlight??

Offline RoxyS

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2010, 12:30:27 pm »
Maddy, where do you buy edible glitter - it sounds fabulous? Hope it is something I can get in Kalgoorlie. Will check back tomorrow as M&D are heading up here from Perth so may be able to bring some if I can let them know where to get it. Thanks for the info. Also be interested to know where to get the sticks too. Have a place in town that might sell them but will be interested to know where you source yours from.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2010, 11:16:00 pm »
Hi willowfox & roxy......the sticks can be purchased at spotlight or cake decorating stores, but you will pay more for less.
I have been purchasing them through ebay, much cheaper.
I use the 6 inch paper lollipop sticks.  You can use cookie sticks, but they are thicker, and will pay more for them.
Here's a link to the ones I have just purchased:  http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120648953834&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
Only $3.85 for 50 sticks including postage.  Of course I bought 4 packets of them  ;)

Edible glitter
Also bought at spotlight/cake deco stores, and there are many available through ebay and online stores.
I like to use one called rainbow dust.....it's silver hologram colour, and reflects so many pretty colours.

Glitters are great for cupcakes as well.  There's so many colours available, you can go glitter mad!  ;D
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline RoxyS

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2010, 09:30:20 am »
Thanks Maddy. I forgot to check in earlier so have missed the chance to get mum to buy me the glitter. Have to get a supply for next time. Saw some coloured plastic sticks like you would use for cheese and nibblies at a $2 type shop today so might give those a go for this time round - come in a pack of 30 so interesting to see if any get broken.

Offline RoxyS

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2010, 05:37:59 am »
Here are my Granny Cookie Pops - I started out intending to make teapots but found it way too fiddly so ended up with these, which I am quite happy with. I used a couple of 500g blocks of butter to put my sticks in for putting the pops in the fridge to set them as I didn't have any polystyrene. Also found that because of the heat I had to keep popping the rolled up "pops" back into the freezer to keep them going too soft as they kept falling off the sticks. Once I got that sorted it was fairly easy going.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2010, 06:11:43 am »
Yay for the Grannies - lot of work RoxyS, love the block of butter idea.  Don't you just hate it when the phone rings when you are in the middle of making things like this  ;) ;)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2010, 06:12:19 am »
They look wonderful Roxy.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2010, 08:23:47 am »
Here are my Granny Cookie Pops - I started out intending to make teapots but found it way too fiddly so ended up with these, which I am quite happy with. I used a couple of 500g blocks of butter to put my sticks in for putting the pops in the fridge to set them as I didn't have any polystyrene. Also found that because of the heat I had to keep popping the rolled up "pops" back into the freezer to keep them going too soft as they kept falling off the sticks. Once I got that sorted it was fairly easy going.

I think I can see myself in one of those photos Roxy. :D :D :D :D :D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.