Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6036004 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #23325 on: December 02, 2019, 03:43:18 am »
OMG, I must have lost my mind.  I posted that I have no door on my fridge, it should be oven.
Making Sweet Chilli Sauce and fresh Apricot jam today.
I did wonder Chookie. ;D ;D ;D

I went for my 6 monthly skin check at my lovely dermatologist this morning. Nothing to be cut out. A few burns on my right hand and that was it. I am happy that was all. One to watch but he feels it isn't anything.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23326 on: December 02, 2019, 11:59:03 am »
Good news cookie.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #23327 on: December 02, 2019, 01:26:26 pm »
Managed to get to both sport games on weekend for DD last netball ! DS cricket game went for awhile . We seem to have one home only on weekends .DS stayed in to go to the Supercars !! DH was shaking his head .. “ I’ve tried telling DS about respect  of vehicles “ too funny speeding ,flipping , caught on fire , buggy ones too ! Great night had I think .
A touch of Christmas at our little local Anglican Church on Sunday night , Christmas carols ,DD even did a reading . The high light is when all the candles are lit by the kids ( only two including DD at 17 thus subbed in Adults ) lights go off and silent night is sung . Popped DD on the bus she is now a Year 12 Student . How the year is disappearing so fast .

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #23328 on: December 02, 2019, 08:47:50 pm »
Mab, well done with the sewing.
Now have door back on oven so went for it with baking.  Made scones, Portuguese tarts and Almond crackle biscuits. 
The silly season has started. Gardener coming this morning, visitor for lunch, ( a work colleague Ral has seen for over 30 years) and then pick up GC from school and a Bagpipe concert tonight.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #23329 on: December 03, 2019, 12:19:24 am »
We managed not to turn off the Edinburgh Tattoo on Sunday night and the final massed bands march included the Black Bear, Chookie, and wondered how your GD was getting on with that tune?
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23330 on: December 03, 2019, 05:27:39 am »
We had a car coffee morning this morning. As it was so hot we took the old Holden. The older cars are like ovens. Later this afternoon I am having a cortisone injection into my wrist, It'[s been quite sore for about 3 months, hopefully this will help and tonight I have book club. A very busy day for this old girl.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #23331 on: December 03, 2019, 08:44:06 pm »
Have been looking forward to today as nothing planned.
Marina, I don’t think there has been much progress with the Black Bear.  However it is the Highland Gathering at Daylesford this Saturday and GD is the Drum Major.  Street parade at 9 am and Jilly is doing her thing at 4.00 pm. Then the massed bands which is always fab.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23332 on: December 03, 2019, 09:14:17 pm »
We had a car coffee morning this morning. As it was so hot we took the old Holden. The older cars are like ovens. Later this afternoon I am having a cortisone injection into my wrist, It'[s been quite sore for about 3 months, hopefully this will help and tonight I have book club. A very busy day for this old girl.
I hope the injection has workers for you Cookie.

DH had an emergency dental appointment this morning as he had cracked a tooth. I walked Chance twice.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23333 on: December 04, 2019, 04:23:54 am »
Oh your poor DH. I hate it when I crack a tooth or chip one, it usually means a crown and dollars.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23334 on: December 07, 2019, 11:46:41 pm »
I’m steam cleaning my 2 bathrooms this weekend, a long and tedious job but the results are worth it. Having a break with a cuppa and the back massager working wonders.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #23335 on: December 08, 2019, 01:38:55 am »
Marina, we have seen Edinburgh Tattoo twice live, so good.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #23336 on: December 08, 2019, 04:00:35 am »
Yesterday I went to the Red Hill market down on the Mornington peninsula with DIL and family.  A large market with lots of stalls.  I bought some baby carrots, red beet and apricots as well as a few small items for Christmas gifts.   The apricots were a bargain at $5 kilo compared to the supermarket prices of $9.90 a kilo.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 04:04:30 am by mab19 »
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23337 on: December 08, 2019, 09:17:16 am »
A lovely price for the apricots Margaret. I bought a couple last week for fruit salad at $14.90/kg. I’m enjoying cherries from South Australia at the moment.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #23338 on: December 08, 2019, 10:55:40 am »
Yum apricots , our favourite is apricot jam .
DS was out late last night with DH working after Cricket game .
This morning DS at the age of 14 was out raking hay all morning, dare I say it on his own .. he was fine . The baler came to put into round rolls . Too hot at lunchtime so kids stayed home . DS went out when it cooled down to fix the black watering pipe Pepper the puppy had eaten !! DD and I went for a short walk . Every day is getting closer to harvest . Unfortunately we have had a sad start to our week as our worker is unable to work , it’s sad as it was a very traumatic situation , but now DH is starting harvest with no help .. eek . Thinking positive that something will work out . Few more days of school left DD working hard on step up for year 12 !

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #23339 on: December 08, 2019, 11:40:23 am »
KAtie, it is that time of the year.  Hope the harvest all works out.  Lots of big round bales around Ballarat.
Today recovering from the Highland Gathering. Ballarat Grammar did very well in the competitions.     Visitors for morning tea.