Author Topic: Another Victorian Newbie!  (Read 10640 times)

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
Re: Another Victorian Newbie!
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2013, 12:06:32 pm »
Hi Loulou.

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been enjoying your thermomix.

If you are anywhere near Wangaratta in courntry Vic send me a PM and I can give you a hand.

Otherwise get onto your consultant and ask her to help you.
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2013, 01:10:12 am »
Hi LouLou, did you get my PM?

Offline LouLouB

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2013, 02:22:44 am »
Hello everyone,

Thank you so much for the warm welcome and encouragement!! After posting here, I did some more reading on the forum and it turns out that almost everything I've been trying to make from the EDC has an error in the recipe!!! I've spoken to my consultant who wasn't aware of the errors at first, but is now working on getting me a replacement copy of the EDC! YAY!

The consultant is getting me a new MC (apparently there are some known issues with the current batch). She also says she isn't sure what HO will do about the lid seal or the butterfly. It seems I may have to pay for to have those replaced, which would be disappointing, but I will cross that bridge when I come to it.

Can't believe they released (and are still selling) a cookbook with errors! Cheeky!

I'm keen to start trying out some of the recipes you all have suggested, they sound yummy. Hopefully my new seal will come soon and then I can cook things that won't have a taste of butter chicken!! :D Butter chicken hot chocolate is not something that should be introduced as a new flavour!! :D

Hi LouLou, did you get my PM?

No not yet, will check for it now!! :)

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2013, 04:07:01 am »
Great to hear LouLou. If you wash the seal, lid and butterfly in the dishwasher or hot soapy water a few times and then leave to air dry you will probably find that while they may be a little discoloured still the flavour will have gone.

Offline LouLouB

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2013, 05:32:07 am »
Well, here's another update!

My Consultant has really been working hard this morning - she was on to HO, who have agreed to replace the seal, MC and butterfly. Apparently, she didn't have to do much convincing on the matter, so perhaps HO read my intro! :P

Then I get another call from my Consultant, who happened to have all the replacement parts in her 'tool box', so she was able to drop them around today! AWESOME right? :)

My Consultant said she cannot get a guarantee from HO that there are no further errors in the 2nd edition of the new EDC, so she will wait a few weeks to see if anyone reports anything further and if not, then I can get mine. How great is that?? It's so nice to have a Consultant who looks out for her customers like that! Has anyone else got the 2nd edition? If so, noticed any errors?

Great to hear LouLou. If you wash the seal, lid and butterfly in the dishwasher or hot soapy water a few times and then leave to air dry you will probably find that while they may be a little discoloured still the flavour will have gone.

The discolouration has gone, but sadly the flavour/smell is still there on the seal. I think this will now become my butter chicken seal! LOL

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2013, 06:06:37 am »
Hi LouLou,
I brought the new EDC a few weeks back and yes there are some errors but was told about them when I was given then.  My consultant gave me a photocopy with the corrections on them.  I think this has been reprinted but Judy will be able to tell you for sure.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2013, 06:32:01 am »
Yes the reprint is now available. Just make sure you ask if that's the one you are getting in case there are still old copies around.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2013, 01:27:14 am »
Hi and welcome loulou - glad to read things are looking a bit more positive for you.  :-*
:D

Offline Deniser

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2013, 12:28:31 pm »
Hi LouLou - very glad to get to the end of these post and find that things appear to be on the mend for you.  You have certainly come to the right place for lots of helpful advice.  I usually read all the post on here about a particular recipe before I even try it as that way someone else has done all the tweeking and I manage to look good.  Must admit I had a few disasters when I first started but loving it now.
So sorry you got off to such a bad start but stick with the Forum and you can't go wrong.
You haven't failed at anything until you stop trying.

Offline Lucyluu

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2013, 01:30:31 am »
Hi LouLou, I have two seals for my Jug one for savoury and one for sweet dishes, that way you don' t get a flavour contamination of your sweet dishes.
Chief cook and bottle washer

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2013, 04:15:26 am »
Welcome Loulou. Hope you'll have less drama now, and on to greater things :)