Author Topic: Recipe review White Bean Soup - In The Mix  (Read 3569 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Recipe review White Bean Soup - In The Mix
« on: July 13, 2012, 12:25:06 am »

This review is from Herbal 29/5/12

Just made the White Bean Soup with dried beans.  It's a lovely, thick, creamy soup.  Can't get one of my pics small enough to put on here, but check out pics and comments at www.inthemixtricks.com

You'd have to substantially reduce the liquid amount if you were using tinned cannellini beans - but probably keep the same amount of stock concentrate?  Now I know what to compare it to, I'll try it with canned beans in the next week or so...

« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 12:31:18 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Recipe review White Bean Soup - In The Mix
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 12:30:34 am »
This review is from alioc 28/5/12

Has anyone tried the White Bean & Truffle Soup?

I came home at 6:45pm, starving hungry and realised that I could cook this soup with its variations in 15 mins with lots of leftovers for lunch tomorrow and to freeze.

I followed the recipe variations to the letter, using 3 cans of cannellini beans instead of dried beans, and 20g of truffle oil. The soup is thin, and it's subtle flavour is VERY subtle to the point of non-existence. It's a bit like dishwater to be honest. The description says that it's "surprisingly hearty" but to even approximate a meal, I've had to use the rest of my expensive cheese to make cheese on toast to go with it.

I'm so disappointed I could cry... what went wrong?!

Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.