Author Topic: Budget Busters - gozleme  (Read 19640 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Budget Busters - gozleme
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2012, 07:52:53 am »
Gozleme in budget busters is as under Courton

200g milk
1 egg
2 tblspns olive oil
150g greek style plain yoghyurt
2 tsp yeast
600g bakers flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
Combine milk, egg, oil, yoghurt and yeast in TNM bowl and blend for 4 sec/speed 6.  Warm for 3 mins/50/speed 2.
Add remaining ingredients and knead for 2 mins.
Add more warm milk if dough does not come together easily.  Tutrn onto floured thermomat, wrap allow to prove for at least 30 mins.
Divide into at least 16 even sized balls and set aside whilst you make the filling.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2012, 11:10:36 am »
Thank you so so much JD. We love Gozleme and look forward to making it without hiccups. :) :) :)

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2012, 11:00:05 am »
Yum, yum and YUM!
We just finished eating this for dinner and just had to report back as it was cheap, healthy & delicious!

I used minced beef (minced by butcher) and only cooked it for 6 minutes and  :-:  ^^ so that the meat wouldn't go pasty...it worked well and I'll be doing it again next time. I think my handfulls of herbs might be smaller than the author of the recipes, next time I'll use heaps more.

We also cooked them on the plate of the bbq, so they had less fat (have to try and watch what I eat now I'm eating so many new things as a TMX owner!)

I even managed to take a photo....this is my first photo upload...hope it works!
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2012, 12:39:29 pm »
Jamberie - your photo turned out great and I love your presentation. They're delicious aren't they? Must get around to making them again - yummmo!

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2012, 02:58:35 pm »
Don't know how far back comments go, but they taste just as nice in a two sided grill / toaster thingy  ???
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2012, 11:07:33 am »
I went to make these for guests today, however I remembered I'd lent my Budget Busters book (and a few others) to a friend at work  :o
Thanks to Google I found this one (on RC) so I thought I'd post it in case others are interested in trying this fab recipe...
I don't like the way the recipe is formatted but I didn't have another choice...

http://www.recipecommunity.com.au/recipes/gozleme/17078
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline inthekitchen

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2012, 11:53:15 am »
I made these yesterday for dinner.  They're really tasty & cheap.  The dough is lovely to work with.  I used chicken thigh chopped small for my filling.  I'll definitely make these again & I also want to make the dough again to try as a flat bread.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2012, 09:48:53 pm »
I have not made these yet, have chicken mince out of the freezer, they look yum. :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Rara1

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2013, 02:43:22 pm »
Delicious!
Made my meat eating family lamb gozleme whereas I made up some vegetarian filling with mushrooms and spinach.
I toasted them in the sandwich press...very quick, easy and clean  ;)
Definitely make again.
5/5

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2013, 11:02:49 am »
I intended on making these tonight, but i got side tracked. I made the dough & split in to 16 balls. Rolled out 4 balls and cooked them in the frittata machine, nice & crispy bread for our dinner.

Have 12 balls left, anyone used them as pizza bases?

H
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2014, 04:59:01 am »
I was just having a look through the Budget Busters recipe and spotted this tasty-looking recipe. 

Does anyone know how far in advance of cooking them I can make them up?  I want to prep them early and take to a BBQ to cook and eat.  Or do you think I'd be better to cook them completely at home and then just re-heat on the BBQ???  Probably that would be easiest from the host's point of view...but it says "serve immediately" so thought I'd ask here if anyone's tried it. :)

Any tips would be great.
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
Re: Re: Budget Busters - gozleme
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2014, 05:06:33 am »
I've made these a few hours before serving. The heat from the mince made the dough a little sticky,  not a deal breaker though.  To overcome this somewhat,  you might cook the mince mixture in advance and let it cool before assembling the gozlemes and then separate them with baking paper for travelling :)