Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 9032797 times)

Offline Catisa

• View Profile
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #2940 on: March 27, 2010, 11:35:51 am »
Thermomixer, thanks would loved if mum could come around but she lives like 700km's away :-(.

Just made pizza dough for tonights dinner, nothing beats home made pizza
Michelle
Sarcasm is just 1 of the services I offer ;-)

Offline rainbow

• View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: March 28, 2010, 06:38:48 am »
I have made hot cross buns twice now as we keep eating them, herbal chicken balls, yogurt cheese.

I am glad to say that pasta e fagioli was not a fail and enjoyed by all.

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #2942 on: March 28, 2010, 07:15:03 am »
Mmmm, reading these has made me hungry!!!  I'm off to make some chocolate banana nut ice-cream for all the kids (there's 7 running around here today) and Cathy's choc beetroot cake too - yum!  We've got leftover beef & mushroom curry for dinner which I made yesterday (from Indian cookbook) - it makes heaps!!  (I used eggplant instead of mushrooms, and cooked it in the crockpot instead of the oven while I was out at a demo.)  Also need to make some gf bread, based on Cyndi's recipe with a few tweaks a baker friend recommended.
Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: March 28, 2010, 08:41:11 am »
Today I have made a batch of rolls and a spinach/potato pie.  Trying to use up some bits and pieces in the freezer to make more room but am fighting a losing battle when I then go and put a dozen rolls and 1/2 a pie in there.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline willowfox

• View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: March 28, 2010, 08:50:45 am »
Baguettes:) mayonnaise and chocolate cake:)

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #2945 on: March 28, 2010, 09:30:37 am »
Only made Hollandaise sauce today,  to go with poached eggs for breakfast.   Think I sold another TMX on the basis of this ;D ;D ;D

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #2946 on: March 28, 2010, 11:23:47 am »
 ;D I can understand that, I love Hollandaise on poached eggs!

Over the last couple of days I've made pizza dough for Pizza Scrolls, as well as pizza sauce, yoghurt, Maddy's Vegetable and Bacon Soup, Bircher Muesli, and have to make some bread soon.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline versaceyoyo

• View Profile
    • the thermomix diary
« Reply #2947 on: March 28, 2010, 12:18:18 pm »
We made the dim sum from the TMX blog for dinner.  They were delicious, and tasted exactly like the ones we get in Japan when on hols over there (they call them gyoza) except ours were healthy and not dripping in FAT!  Also made a batch of bolagnaise, HCB, spinach puree...

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #2948 on: March 28, 2010, 02:01:37 pm »
We made the dim sum from the TMX blog for dinner.  They were delicious, and tasted exactly like the ones we get in Japan when on hols over there (they call them gyoza) except ours were healthy and not dripping in FAT!  Also made a batch of bolagnaise, HCB, spinach puree...
Which TMX blog? There are so many!!
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #2949 on: March 28, 2010, 02:27:02 pm »
Thanks MJ. Had a quick sqizz at HQs blog and couldn't see it there - but it was a quick sqizz...
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #2950 on: March 28, 2010, 03:46:03 pm »
Mmmm, reading these has made me hungry!!!  I'm off to make some chocolate banana nut ice-cream for all the kids (there's 7 running around here today) and Cathy's choc beetroot cake too - yum!  We've got leftover beef & mushroom curry for dinner which I made yesterday (from Indian cookbook) - it makes heaps!!  (I used eggplant instead of mushrooms, and cooked it in the crockpot instead of the oven while I was out at a demo.)  Also need to make some gf bread, based on Cyndi's recipe with a few tweaks a baker friend recommended.

Jo what tweaks are you doing to this loaf? I am doing a gluten free demo this week and need to make this loaf (or at least a gluten free one) to take to the demo :) thanks
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #2951 on: March 29, 2010, 03:07:41 am »
Jo what tweaks are you doing to this loaf? I am doing a gluten free demo this week and need to make this loaf (or at least a gluten free one) to take to the demo :) thanks

I usually add a bit more rice, about 250g, as I find if it's too wet (like runny cake batter) if tends to flop in the middle and takes ages to cook.  I also cook it in two smaller bread tins as I've had it overflow a normal sized bread tin, and the cooking time is shorter then.  And I was talking to Cyndi about this recipe, and she asked me to try to find a way that it would work without the xanthum gum, as she wasn't really that keen on using it (she'd been looking into xanthum gum, but hadn't had time to muck around with the recipe). So I was trying some substitutes for that, which seem to be working but I haven't got it exact yet, so I think you should stick with the xanthum gum for your demo, as we at least know it works!!  I also have a friend who's a baker who is trying to perfect this recipe, and he said add 2 sachets of yeast instead of 1 (or 2 tablespoons), and mix for 30 seconds not 15, and when you've put the bread into the tins, smooth the top down with wet hands to make a more rounded loaf. 

Have you made this bread much before?  Did you like the recipe just the way it is, or do you change it?  If you haven't made it before, make sure you practice it, as it is a bit tricky.  But it's the best recipe I've found so far.  Btw, I use the besan flour, not buckwheat flour - but I hope to try buckwheat flour next time.  :)
Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.

Offline Amanda

• View Profile
    • Lambs Ears and Honey
« Reply #2952 on: March 29, 2010, 05:07:00 am »
Grated and melted white choc for a white choc cake, same again and mixed  white choc cream cheese frosting, grated 1 kilo of pumpkin for a pumpkin/parmesan tart and made pastry for said tart.
Freelance food/travel writer. Lives in the Adelaide hills and writes a food blog - http://www.lambsearsandhoney.com

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #2953 on: March 29, 2010, 05:16:03 am »
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline versaceyoyo

• View Profile
    • the thermomix diary
« Reply #2954 on: March 29, 2010, 12:27:31 pm »
MJ - THE blog  ;)  http://thermorecipes.blogspot.com/2010/01/making-it-simple-in-2010.html

Yes MJ sorry about that. That's the one I was referring to, thanks TMXer.  Highly recommend as an authentic tasting recipe.  Serve with soy sauce with a few drops of chilli oil... just like Obachan makes (Japanese granny....) except not fried.