Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 9040599 times)

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #2865 on: March 12, 2010, 10:03:14 am »
JD, I'll bet you don't eat tomorrow either. ;D ;D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: March 12, 2010, 10:04:30 am »
How much money are you prepared to put on it Chookie  ;D ;D ;D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: March 12, 2010, 11:50:13 am »
We had Baf's chicken and vegies in the Varoma as it was too hot to cook much else. I spread Chookie's herb paste on the chicken first. All very yummy.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: March 12, 2010, 05:17:30 pm »
Well I had a bit of a nightmare a few days ago..... my fridge/freezer decided to defrost itself all on its own, just like that...no warning...no reason.... just STOPPED! Fridge/Freezer is only 2 months old so no excuse like its on its last legs! Now we know why the interior kept switching off after 3 seconds every time we opened the door! :o :o :o :o Guess it was trying to warn me :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
You know me,  ;) ;)hate to waste anything, so made the kids bring over all their friends and fed them all up all weekend, poor "clatter" didnt stop all weekend either, had to use up all the pastries and things that I had frozen. I wouldnt let the kids out all weekend! ;D ;D ;D :D :D
This is the list of the weekend feast/party: Crumpets, waffles, pancakes, bacon and date pie (to use up pastry and defrosted bacon), cherry cheesecake (to use up frozen cheese and cherries), strawberry & custard tart (to use up pastry and eggs) Lasagne, Cannelones, Vegetable cream soup (to use up all veggies) Chilli con carne, Cheese and ham croquettes (to use up all the frozen bits of cheese and ham) Salt Steamed pork loin, and then a huge Paella on the Sunday with all the final leftovers! Whew! Am scared to get on the scales in case after last weekend I have put on the 14 kilos that I lost!  :-)) :-)) :-))
Amanda

Spain

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: March 12, 2010, 09:52:35 pm »
Wow, what a weekend you had Bron.  Sounds like a lot of fun.

Have you got a converted Paella recipe?
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: March 12, 2010, 11:53:39 pm »
You needed 2 TMX's for that cook-up Bron, well done.  Hope the fridge manufacturer looked after you - 2 months old, something drastically wrong there. Did they replace it or just fix it?  Heaven forbid that my fridge/freezer or little freezer gives up the ghost - no way could I cook my butt off like you did and then eat it all too. I'd be handing food out to anyone and everyone to cook up themselves I think or just settle for an insurance claim but don't get me started on that topic - we are still waiting for the insurance to pay up for our cancelled cruise last December.  The first claim in my whole life and it seems they are living up to their reputation.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #2871 on: March 13, 2010, 03:47:08 am »
Bron,  what a shame spain is so far from Australia. ;D ;D

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #2872 on: March 14, 2010, 12:47:08 pm »
I reckon!!  I think we ALL would have like to go to THAT party!!  ;D
Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #2873 on: March 14, 2010, 05:51:53 pm »
I'm back home at last, and for lunch am going to prepare some risotto with onion confit and duxelles (the latter two ingredients from the fridge).
Having spent an entire week without a single serving of risotto, to which I have become addicted, I am very happy to be able to use little Tuffy today. 

It's quite chilly here today (31° F. right now)  so a hot lunch will be very welcome. 
When I left Phoenix, AZ yesterday at 11 a.m., it was already 74° F. and when I arrived home in Lancaster, it was 44° F.  I immediately added some layers of clothes before I (partially) unloaded the van - taking only the necessary things (and the dog) inside.  I am still contemplating the remaining unloading and may wait to do most until tomorrow when I will have some help as my housekeeper is always away on the weekends, visiting with her children. 

I note the fridge is well stocked with dairy and vegetables and there is a basket of apples, pears and oranges so there has been some shopping while I was away.   Ah, there is also a lovely whole guinea hen in the meat drawer. 
I will have to review everything before I decide on what to prepare for dinner but I suspect the hen will figure in somewhere, if my housekeeper has no other plans for it.   

More later, with a report about the remarkable cheese shop I found in Phoenix, the first one ever in Arizona.   
I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #2874 on: March 14, 2010, 11:43:42 pm »
Whew! Am scared to get on the scales in case after last weekend I have put on the 14 kilos that I lost!  :-)) :-)) :-))

Know what you mean  ;) - went away for a foodie weekend and am worried tooo

CB79 - you reminded me that riv_mum wants a paella  recipe.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Amanda

• View Profile
    • Lambs Ears and Honey
« Reply #2875 on: March 14, 2010, 11:59:22 pm »
Loads of comfort stuff made for the kids yesterday.
EDC Pikelets for breakfast - with the gingered fig recipe from my blog, then my eldest decided to make scones yesterday afternoon and last night I made a batch of EDC Anzacs for the lunchboxes.  Don't think much of the EDC recipe, so I won't use it again.
This morning a banana, milo, egg, almond, oatmeal smoothie to get the kids moving!
Freelance food/travel writer. Lives in the Adelaide hills and writes a food blog - http://www.lambsearsandhoney.com

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: March 15, 2010, 05:33:58 am »
This morning a banana, milo, egg, almond, oatmeal smoothie to get the kids moving!
That sounds great Amanda - my kids love a good smoothie, almost as much as a good pikelet!  Have you got a recipe or is it just an approximate throw together?
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: March 15, 2010, 05:34:47 am »
CB79 - you reminded me that riv_mum wants a paella  recipe.
Me too please - love the idea of it but have never made it.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #2878 on: March 15, 2010, 05:50:09 am »
Attempted a loaf with pre soaked grain,  needs a bit more tweaking.  Made tomato paste to freeze, a pipe loaf and chilli sauce.   Making cottage pie for tea,  all the meat and onions and mashed potato in TMX. ;D

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: March 15, 2010, 12:33:51 pm »
Loads of comfort stuff made for the kids yesterday.
EDC Pikelets for breakfast - with the gingered fig recipe from my blog, then my eldest decided to make scones yesterday afternoon and last night I made a batch of EDC Anzacs for the lunchboxes.  Don't think much of the EDC recipe, so I won't use it again.
Lucky kids! I really like this Anzac recipe. The secret is don't mix it too long otherwise the oats get over processed. This recipe won the junior anzac bickie comp at our local show.  ;)