Author Topic: I'm a new member to this forum  (Read 8264 times)

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
I'm a new member to this forum
« on: July 09, 2009, 03:50:42 pm »
Hi everyone, just joined the forum a few days ago after discovering the site and gleaning lots of recipes. Try and keep me away as I need to have a little look around the recipes every day. Until Christmas Day I had never heard of a Thermomix, but everybody kept raving about it/and the food that day I thought at first they must have been talking about another food processor, but eventually it clicked that I needed to ask a few questions. Once I was shown the TM31 in the kitchen and watched while the custard was being made, and I flicked through the recipe book, I just knew I not only wanted but I needed a machine!! I think, all things taken into account it has been one of the best investments (yes) that I have ever made. My daughter, who is 21, never knew where the kitchen was located. She happened to be around when the TM was delivered and ever since she has just about cooked every recipe in the Everyday Cookbook and we have enjoyed going to all the demonstrations. We buy every TM book we can lay our hands on, and we have now begun to convert our own recipes. She is now obsessed about cooking, and can't stop thinking about what she will make next. I can't believe it--what a blessing! All my kids cook with this wonderful machine, and invite their friends over for a meal  or nibbles they have cooked (and my husband just loves eating what we cook...one day, one day...) It takes pride of place in our kitchen, and I think the Government should give one to every person to combat obesity and lower the health budget. It has certainly made a difference to our lives. My friends keep asking me about the machine and what I have been doing with it lately, and how often I use it, etc. They want one, but because of the price they have held off and they are secretly waiting for me to tell them that I haven't used it for a while and its sitting in the cupboard...   :D :D :D 
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline JaneeZee

• View Profile
Re: I'm a new member to this forum
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 05:07:59 pm »
Welcome CreamPuff63.  Where are you based?

It's great when "the kids" decide that they are going to help isn't it & with the Thermomix not even I make as much mess as I used to in the kitchen!!

Enjoy...........

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 10:33:46 pm »
welcome! what a great story!! i was readign on another forum where someone asked for food processor recommendations and said "don't tell me thermomix as i love my cooking too much and don't want a thermomix to spoil that"  :-)) so glad thermomix has helped your dd find the love of cooking!!
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 12:35:15 am »
Welcome - great to hear your story.  Fantastic that you are converting recipes - hope to see some posted here soon.  :-*
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 01:49:06 am »
Hi and welcome to the forum CP63 - enjoyed reading your story.  You must be the only family who have done almost all the recipes in the everyday cookbook!  How about you post a few comments in the Tips & Tricks section under Recipe Reviews & Tweaking as you go.  This is a great place for others to look if they haven't had success with a recipe by reading how others have changed and improved it (there are many recipes which do need changing in that everyday book, particularly the earlier version).  Looking forward to seeing some of your own conversions appearing on the forum in the future.  Sounds like you would almost have a fight on your hands as to who is going to be using it - maybe you need 2 in your household  :D :D :D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 04:57:56 am »
Hi CP63, welcome!  I loved reading your story!!! How exciting!! Looking forward to hearing about your adventure as you discover a heap new recipes from the forum!  ;D
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline Master Moderator

• Thermomix Recipes
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Thermomix
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2009, 09:12:59 am »
What a story!!!! Have a great time :)

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2009, 10:33:46 am »
Welcome!!!

Cheers
Trudy

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2009, 10:53:50 am »
Welcome. I loved reading your story, it is so true to what happens to most of us. We're Thermomix pioneers. ;)
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2009, 03:34:44 pm »
I have been away on business for a few days. What a blast to see that people have replied to "my little bit". Am based in Perth. Will definitely give back some recipes that we have converted because its always a good thing to pass on your best recipes. Yes, I would definitely love to have a second machine. I am not a consultant, but I am trying to convince my daughter to become one because she can start her business using mine and then earn to get her own. The only thing is, that she was sort of dissuaded (is that a word??) by our consultant because of her age. I reckon she would be really good, although she is not an "out there" type of person, she does know the machine and lots of recipes and is so passionate that I think she would do quite well. The consultants opinion is that perhaps because of her age, no one would take her seriously.   :-))...would appreciate your opinions? Does anyone have a request for a recipe range, and I will see what we can come up with (what a challenge - lol )

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2009, 03:46:07 pm »
Can you knock up Zumba's chocolate mousse cake from Masterchef ???  Joking.

Sad that your consultant is so negative about your daughter !!!!!!  Can you support her and go with her to back her up with some friends for the first few demos.  Hoping she is out of nappies.  At 21 - seriously, she is bloody mature enough !!!!

She needs a network/contacts/friends - not years of baggage.

If she loves food and is keen on converting recipes then she is miles ahead of many consultants that are out there.

We can encourage/support her.

Sorry, probably had too much Brown Bros wine. 

Out there type people tend to go into selling used cars/dodgy merchandise.

Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2009, 04:49:30 pm »
 ;D I didn't see that particular Masterchef show -- but it sounds good and I will Google it... I would really like to see her become a consultant because I am really impressed with how she has transformed in the kitchen.  I reckon that if she can show people how easy it is, whether it is her friends (who prob can't afford it at this stage in their life) or another housewife or husband, then anyone can use the TM with brilliant results.

Hmn... has anyone seen a recipe anywhere for making wine in the TM??

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2009, 05:26:52 pm »
Welcome CP! I think your DD will be wonderful! Its all about passion (in my opinion!!) Plus she will have a big circle of friends who may want to leave home shortly and become independent, and can't cook! Tell her to do it, she'll be wonderful! I think it should be the the No.1 item on everyones wedding list! Welcome anyway, we DO look forward to your recipes! ;) ;) ;)
Amanda

Spain

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2009, 01:28:16 am »
;D I didn't see that particular Masterchef show -- but it sounds good and I will Google it... I would really like to see her become a consultant because I am really impressed with how she has transformed in the kitchen.  I reckon that if she can show people how easy it is, whether it is her friends (who prob can't afford it at this stage in their life) or another housewife or husband, then anyone can use the TM with brilliant results.

Hmn... has anyone seen a recipe anywhere for making wine in the TM??

Don't worry about the cake - unless you have a few days to waste.

Your DD should do fine with selling the TMX - if she is passionate then it will be OK.

Haven't seen wine recipes, but would not want to blitz the berries too much as the seeds would easily become pulverised and possibly release excess tannins etc.  Certainly would be worth trying - maybe even blitzing batches on reverse so that the berries are smashed more gently. ???
Thermomixer in Australia

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2009, 02:20:37 am »
Hi again CP63.  Tell your DD to just go for it and let the cooking demo and taste testing do the talking. All her friends have mums so how about she do demos for them and their friends - us oldies love the machine too, it isn't exclusively for the young ones. She sounds an ideal person to be a demonstrator as she has developed such a passion for the machine in such a very short time - YOU know she is good at it so let that be your judge.  Cheap for her too because, as you say, she can use yours until she earns her own - wonderful idea. I wish her every success.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.