Author Topic: Cerise Can anyone help her? plus CC's answer  (Read 1962 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Cerise Can anyone help her? plus CC's answer
« on: February 13, 2013, 04:26:56 am »
Hi All, I hope you people do not mind.  Could someone give me a comparison as to the wattage in motors between Thermochef & Thermomix?  I would like to grind lots of nuts maybe around 4kg at a time.  Which motor is stronger to handle this kind of work?

Also what is the reverse button for?  I haven't got one yet & tossing between the two.

Thank you.
Cerise.

Quote from: Cerise on February 12, 2013, 02:44:58 PM

Hi All, I hope you people do not mind.  Could someone give me a comparison as to the wattage in motors between Thermochef & Thermomix?  I would like to grind lots of nuts maybe around 4kg at a time.  Which motor is stronger to handle this kind of work?

Also what is the reverse button for?  I haven't got one yet & tossing between the two.

Thank you.
Cerise.

Here is the Technical Specification of the Thermomix It explains why you would use the button. I can't help you with the Thermochef
You cannot grind 4kgs of nuts all in one go.You would have to do it in batches.You can grind from 2 Tbsp to below the top of the blades.

May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
Re: Cerise Can anyone help her? plus CC's answer
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 06:28:15 am »
Cerise,

The technical parameters of the Thermochef are as follows:
1. rated power: motor power 550W, Heating plate 1000W
2. Work voltage of main electric machine: 220-240V AC 50/60Hz Max rotate speed 8700RPM Min

I have ground nuts in my Thermochef without any problems, but i have only ground enough for a recipe - not 4 kg worth.
I am finding that most of the recipes for the thermomix work well in the Thermochef. However, I am always wary of mixing bread dough in the TC, as it can strain the motor. If a TMX recipe uses the reverse button, I insert my butterfly to stop the food from getting chopped up.
Hope that helps  :D
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous