Author Topic: Recipe Review - Light Lemon Risotto - www.tenina.com  (Read 3209 times)

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
Recipe Review - Light Lemon Risotto - www.tenina.com
« on: February 21, 2012, 03:16:27 pm »
I wanted to make tenina's creamy garlic prawns  and the recipe said it goes well with her light lemon risotto so I thought I'd try my first risotto recipe (needed to use up some Umami paste I had too)

It was simple enough to follow and was quite tasty, especially if you added more lemon at the end. I forgot to put the parmesan in there once done - whoops!

Also, I think it should say to rest it in order to absorb the liquid (That's what you're supposed to do right?)

BTW, I served it with the creamy garlic prawns but found the consistency too thin for this recipe so I will try another one from here or recipe community as I have just discovered there are several recipes out there.

Anyway, here is a photo:

Offline Mrs KK

• View Profile
Re: Recipe Review - Light Lemon Risotto - www.tenina.com
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 02:11:31 pm »
We had Tenina's garlic prawns tonight but had them with steak... "surf and turf" style instead of risotto.

We also had mashed potato (EDC).

It was definitely a winner. One DD said that she would have liked the prawns a bit more creamy (I used philly cooking cream) but we were all happy with the flavour as it wasn't too rich and was oh so yum  :P
I wasn't bothered that wasn't too creamy as I was trying to avoid fat content.  :D