Author Topic: Won't be doing that again in a hurry!  (Read 4720 times)

Offline Renlor

• View Profile
Won't be doing that again in a hurry!
« on: August 24, 2011, 12:29:37 pm »
My butterfly has vanished into the black hole that I call my tupperware cupboard.....so I mashed my spuds by hand tonight  :o

Having thermie has made me soft, my arm started to ache hehehehe.....note to self, MUST FIND BUTTERFLY tomorrow when I have a bit more light  ;)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Won't be doing that again in a hurry!
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 02:08:28 pm »
Know what it's like Renae, when I am using DD's at her place I can never find anything and have to search high and low to get all the bits I need. I have a special cupboard for all my TMX bits and pieces and 3 butterflies so never any trouble putting my hand on one here. Bought a spare one in case I accidently went over speed 4 and ruined it then one came with the second bowl set so I think I am set for life.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 02:16:25 pm »
Yes,  know how you feel.  Made bread by hand today.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 02:22:31 pm »
I like all my TM things to be together, and all my pasta making things relatively together, and all my cake tins, serving platters etc. I am always ranting about how people are trying to do my head in - everything has a place, and if someone doesn't put it back in its place I just go crazy. I am sure there is a family conspiracy - everything is always in the most stupidest spot that I am sure that it has just disappeared. Sometimes I get other people to look, and still can't be found...geez I can't stand that
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 03:10:56 pm »
I like all my TM things to be together, and all my pasta making things relatively together, and all my cake tins, serving platters etc. I am always ranting about how people are trying to do my head in - everything has a place, and if someone doesn't put it back in its place I just go crazy. I am sure there is a family conspiracy - everything is always in the most stupidest spot that I am sure that it has just disappeared. Sometimes I get other people to look, and still can't be found...geez I can't stand that

OH MY CP I LOVE YOU :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* I am normal after all  :D :D :D

every single word could have come out of my mouth  ;)
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 03:54:57 pm »
I have a hook, just for the butterfly, right at eye level and if it's not there it is in the dishwasher.  The thing has a tendency to bury itself under things in even the shallowest drawer - thus the hook.
I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 09:37:16 pm »
We actually have goblins here - you put something down and it simply disappears into thin air.  After 1/2 an hour of hunting, viola (to steal a Frozzie phrase), there it is, right where we left it.  Those goblins are devious little beasties.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011, 09:57:17 pm »
We actually have goblins here - you put something down and it simply disappears into thin air.  After 1/2 an hour of hunting, viola (to steal a Frozzie phrase), there it is, right where we left it.  Those goblins are devious little beasties.
We have exactly the same creatures living in our house too Marina,although we call them gremlins :D :D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Amanda

• View Profile
    • Lambs Ears and Honey
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2011, 11:30:48 pm »
Same creatures here, too, with a distinct penchant for socks - only one from each pair, of course! >:(
Freelance food/travel writer. Lives in the Adelaide hills and writes a food blog - http://www.lambsearsandhoney.com

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2011, 12:24:43 am »
Same creatures here, too, with a distinct penchant for socks - only one from each pair, of course! >:(

Amanda, didn't you know that's what the socks do for fun?  LOL.
They divide and play hide and seek, and usually they  think they are so clever and hide under the bed....but I'm on to them!
I found a weeks worth of smelly socks under my sons bed  :-)) boys are the worst!
If all else fails, look between, or under the couch cushions.....kids shove EVERYTHING  there  :-))

My good friend is so anal about losing socks....so she will only put them in the machine as matching pairs.
She once rang me at 11pm after her Daughter had stayed the night.  She couldn't find her Daughters sock, and made me check around the house for it  :o ......you guessed it, it was under the bed .LOL.  She could sleep easy then  :P

.........EAT CAKE!

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2011, 12:54:31 am »

We have a similar critter here.  The Southwest Indians call him Kokopelli, the trickster god, also in some tribes knows as "despoiler of maidens" - not that I have to worry at my age. 
When something goes astray, it is said that Kokopelli touched it. 
I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2011, 01:13:58 am »
I'm with you on the consipiracy theory CP - first marriage I was sure XH had the kids on his side in a scheme to drive me around the bend. Can't remember all the details now, it was so long ago. Move on 22 years to second marriage and I was sure DD2 used to take all the pens as I could never find one - she left home and I still couldn't find them, oops  ;)  Nowadays paper is my biggest problem - pieces with vital information on them just disappear (many found later of course) so I think it all boils down to the fact that I am the culprit these days. Thanks so much for confirming other people have the same problem - in that case, it is either perfectly normal or we are all losing it. Those with kids still at home at least can still blame them  ;D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.