Author Topic: Recipe Review: Chicken and Macadamias with Coconut Lime Satay Sauce. Quirky Jo  (Read 8026 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
This recipe is on page 108 of Jo's book. I made it exactly as in the recipe. However when it came to making the satay sauce I felt there was far too much liquid left so I poured half out before I added everything.
The meal was lovely. I marinaded the chicken for quite a few hours. The sauce was lovely poured over the quinoa, chicken and veggies. I will definitely be making this again.
5/5 from me.

Linked CC
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 01:03:33 pm by Cornish Cream »
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Persistenttiger

• View Profile
We didn't like this. It also took a lot longer to cook than the recipe stated. Won't make again.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
We obviously have different tastes. Lucky people are all different. Thanks for the honest review.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline hayleyh

• View Profile
We liked this one, I thought there was too much liquid and tipped about half out.  Great flavour.  I'm still trying to figure out how large to chop veggies so they don't overcook in the varoma.  I'm a fan of recipes with minimal waste so this one ticks the boxes for me.  My 5 year old co-reviewer decided she didn't like it on sight but ate a surprising amount- actions speak louder than words!

Offline ElleG

• View Profile
We enjoyed this, the sauce, chicken and veggies  were lovely. However, I ended up with a big cleanup from this meal. The coconut liquid was all over the TM lid, and it was over both the varoma trays. I didnt add any other liquid, and didnt need to empty any liquid out.

The quinoa had milky coconut globules on it as well. I gave it a good stir to hide them.. The leftover quinoa made very tasty savoury breakfast muffins

Will make again. It is very tasty.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
It's funny you said that about the coconut liquid. The same thing happened to me tonight, cooking rice in coconut cream and water using jo's coconut rice recipe, a recipe of made many times without mess. I tried different speeds, but it just wanted to bubble over. Wonder what caused it.

Offline ElleG

• View Profile
That is strange Kimmy. I had never had such a mess before either. I used a tin of coconut milk - not sure what brand, but probably TCC, as I really like its flavour.
Elle