Author Topic: help needed!!!! meatloaf recipe  (Read 15593 times)

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
Re: help needed!!!! meatloaf recipe
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2009, 02:16:27 pm »
When I was in high school we had to make a meat loaf in the Food & Nutrition class (cooking) . It was so really quite bland that I have never wanted to make one since.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2009, 02:20:03 pm »
Yes, my DD made one too and the best part of it was the BBQ sauce topping which made me think they should have had thin layers of meat then topping until the tin was full.  Might have tasted better.  Maybe this is what turned me off meatloaf. I didn't think I had tried one but your posting bought it back to me (that was 23 years ago when she would have made it).
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 02:21:38 pm by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2009, 04:28:09 pm »
LOL my kids LOVE Meatloaf with BBQ sauce (it's a WW recipe). They also like the varoma meatloaf. I make the mushroom sauce to go with it or else a chunky tomato one out of what ever I have in the fridge.
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2009, 08:30:02 pm »
Lots of ideas - how about Asian based sauces with soy/rice wine/chilli,  Quirky Jo's tomato, the gingery tomato with Jane Lawson's yoshoku meatballs??
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2009, 12:50:15 am »
Thanks for all the great ideas!
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline Melinda

• View Profile
    • Life of a Military Wife
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2014, 08:36:10 am »
Yes, the recipe looks confusing.  But it was one of the first things I tried as I'd heard it was good and wanted to use the Varoma.  I didn't bother "stuffing" or "wrapping" my meatloaf.  So I just made the mince mixture and shaped it into a meatloaf and popped it in the dish.  Easy peasy!  And it was delicious.
So the wrapping with foil is just for the shape, and then you remove the foil completely to cook it?  Because the recipe only says to remove the foil from the bottom of the meatloaf....

I'm hoping to cook it for dinner tonight, I'm just  ??? ??? ??? over the wrapping.
Melinda

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
Re: Re: help needed!!!! meatloaf recipe
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2014, 09:36:12 am »
It might be too late but when I made this I didn't cook it with foil.  It was yummy, I do think you need the proscuitto to wrap it though because it doesn't look very appealing without!
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/