Author Topic: Exploring the TM5  (Read 35323 times)

Offline MEP

• View Profile
Re: Exploring the TM5
« Reply #105 on: September 16, 2016, 11:06:03 pm »
That's so kind Allen, thank you. How did you come across the thermomix? Did you own the TM31 (previous model)? You've certainly embraced it wholeheartedly.

We've only been in the US so don't know anyone single ladies in their twenties sorry. I'd be a cougar if I was to nominate myself, not to mention adulterer!
From Perth WA

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 17, 2016, 03:35:00 am »
I'm having a lovely chuckle here MEP and Allen. I have a single DD but it may be too far away! 

Sorry Allen for not checking the recipe properly. I actually use one for a book of Tenina's. Yes, it does say Varoma all the time. I would keep an eye on the jam from about 20 minutes.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline MEP

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 17, 2016, 10:39:10 am »
Conflict regarding where to live makes international relationships very difficult Cookie - talking from personal experience here. That's not to say it's impossible, just more challenging.
From Perth WA

Offline Allen USA

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 17, 2016, 06:03:48 pm »
MEP

Few years back I saw the TM31 on the web, but could only get one thought Canada the cost was high so I pass on it. Then a few weeks back I saw the TM5 on eBay and I started looking on the web, there are no consultant in GA or the South East in the USA right now only in California, I was put in contact with Thermomix from a consultant in CA  I am hoping to learn the TM5 and become a consultant in GA once they are available here. I would like to get one for each of my kids. Right now they have service in TX and will be opening up in NY soon,

Cookie

You are great, now we just need to get the kids talking. ;D

Offline MEP

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 17, 2016, 07:00:08 pm »
This could become forum thermomix and matchmaking.
From Perth WA

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 17, 2016, 11:35:05 pm »
You will find Allen there are quite a few TM in the US. A  couple of fellows in  Texas tried to get it up and running a few years ago and others around the country have wanted to become consultants and indeed distributors but that is not the way Vorwerk works. Being a private and family controlled company they are not beholden to shareholders so they sometimes seem rudderless to me  especially they way they market the TM. This is more obvious as they are attempting the American market. They keep chopping and changing staff and they have a serious right hand left hand problem in my opinion.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline MEP

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 17, 2016, 11:41:47 pm »
Judging from my personal buying experience, I would have to agree that you may well be correct Gert. Like I said, there should be a price differential between full support vs no support experience. In fact, due to infrastructure perhaps?, but consultants only take your name and number, pass this through to head office who then contacts the customers to take the actual order and payment. So as a consultant, nice work if you can get it.
From Perth WA

Offline Allen USA

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 07, 2016, 12:02:39 am »
All is good :)

, it’s been couple of weeks since my last update DW and I had a great time on the beach weather was great and the food was good.

My new TM5 has been great, none of the weird screens have pop up like my first one did. I have not tried anything new but have been making my morning coffee daily. I did cook our dinner tonight in the TM5 plus are small oven for the bake potatoes.
I steam a salmon fillet in the upper tray and couple of tails in the lower basket, then the last 5 mins I add the bowl basket with some corn and fresh cut onion.(15 mins total time) I will say it came out great well season. I can also report my DW is also enjoying the food I am making in the TM5 and now she thinks the kids need one. This weekend I am hoping to make some cookies that my DW likes as a surprise she doesn't know I have the recipe.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 07, 2016, 12:10:16 am »
What a great husband you are Allen, do you think your wife will want to make something in the TM5 herself one day or are you the designated cook in the house?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Allen USA

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 07, 2016, 12:47:40 am »
What a great husband you are Allen, do you think your wife will want to make something in the TM5 herself one day or are you the designated cook in the house?

I am hoping that she dose, but I know better then to push. The 19th i will be having surgery on my left shoulder and hand done and will not be able to cook for a few weeks maybe she will want to tried it out them. :D

Offline MEP

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 07, 2016, 01:06:09 am »
You certainly a gem of a DH Allen. I hope your DW knows that and shows her appreciation and gratitude accordingly.
From Perth WA

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 07, 2016, 01:50:39 am »
I hope your surgery goes well Allen. I was in a similar situation a couple of years ago and my DH used the thermomix with me standing there giving him instructions. He coped very well.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/