Author Topic: Not making the most of the TMX  (Read 15108 times)

Offline Ayla

• TM31
    • View Profile
    • Primal Home
Re: Not making the most of the TMX
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2009, 03:16:14 pm »
Thanks everyone, you're all so lovely! xx
DS homeborn September 07
DD homeborn September 10

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2009, 01:13:09 pm »
what a fantastic pair of extra hands that you have sitting on the bench, that doesn't answer back  ;D ;D ;D or get jealous  ::) ::) ::) and is not just a pretty face :D :D :D but a super duper fan dabby dosie Thermomix. I honestly feel that I couldn't live without it!

I love that Bron! Can I quote you?   ;D ;D ;)
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline Ayla

• TM31
    • View Profile
    • Primal Home
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2009, 03:18:14 pm »
Well I've been using it a lot more now with some successes, some failures, but it's all a learning curve. I made the moroccan lentils which was deeeelicious! I tried doing scrambled eggs this morning and while I got there in the end my method will need some tweaking (can we get a breakfast section? :D). I tried my hand at juicing oranges this afternoon. At the demo my consultant managed to juice lemons without having to peel them but I couldn't work out how she did it, so after turning a couple of my oranges into pulverised mush I just peeled the rest and whizzed them up. Then tonight I made the basil pesto and stirred it through some pasta. With salt & black pepper it was poifect! :)
DS homeborn September 07
DD homeborn September 10

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2009, 07:56:23 pm »
I think a breakfast section is a good idea! To put on coffee, fruit infusions, juices, porridge, soft boiled eggs, breakfast rolls, I have a great recipe for chocolate bread, its amazing, made with spelt flour. Will make it again soon and take photos. You will all love it, its easy peasy too, takes one minute and 20 mins to rise ;D ;D ;D
Amanda

Spain

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2009, 02:43:33 am »
I'd love to see a breakfast section too.  Everything in the one place and so easy to find on here.  Your chocolate bread sounds intriguing Bron.

Nice to see our 'old' Ayla is back too, I for one really missed your comments. Sounds like you are going through what we have all been through, winning some and losing some! Having read the forum extensively before you got your TMX, you were probably expecting this though.  Keep it up.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Master Moderator

• Thermomix Recipes
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Thermomix
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2009, 10:22:41 am »
What a great idea. Thanks so much for suggesting a Breakfast board. It has been created.

Thank you

Admin

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2009, 12:45:30 pm »
i will go and christen it  :D
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline Ayla

• TM31
    • View Profile
    • Primal Home
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2009, 05:02:27 am »
Oh lovely, thankyou! I'll go check it out in a tick. As fortune would have it my consultant is hosting a cooking class in a couple of weeks, hurrah!

Oh and my OJ tastes awful rofl, I think it's the seeds :P
DS homeborn September 07
DD homeborn September 10

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2009, 05:11:50 am »
Try the carrot & Orange juice page 22 everyday cookbook Ayla - I used 2 carrots & 3 oranges and added 1t sugar.  I always remove my pips - don't know why but maybe that is where the bitterness comes from.  Make sure you get to that cooking class coming up and have a list of questions ready for the host! Don't forget to pass on anything you learn from her to the rest of us.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2009, 08:28:16 am »
Ayla, I peel my oranges the night before (to save time) and then next morning segment them as I put them in the  *:, removing pips as I hate the taste they leave in the juice, add 10 iceblocks and blend at 9 for about 25 secs, add 1 1/2 MC of water and blend for another 25 secs, speed 9. (This is from Joy's site). We like this.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2009, 04:16:55 pm »
I'm so sorry to hear of your rough time, Ayla.  I went through a very similar scenario a year and a half ago, and I don't even really remember the first month or so after the 2 deaths and my miscarriage.  And 2nd miscarriage 2 months later due to dodgy use of contraception (I knew we were supposed to wait at least 3 months before trying again).  I thought I'd pretty much got over it 3 months later, but then it was my DD's birthday, and I just couldn't bring myself to have a party for her - I just couldn't face it.  I didn't wrap her present, and didn't get her a card.  They were things that I just couldn't do, and it took a while before I realised it was because the other babies would never have a birthday.  Even a year later, when it was time for her birthday again, I couldn't face doing a party at home, but had one at a local soft play where they do everything for you.  And I had my husband wrap the presents.  So don't be shocked if your grief suddenly and unexpectedly raises its head when you thought you were OK, and go easy on yourself. 
It's just a matter of putting one foot in front of the other, just as you are doing, and getting life as normal as possible - and then asking those around you to help out if you hit a stumbling block, like I should have done when I was finding my daughter's birthday so difficult.  I kept thinking I'd overcome it, but couldn't, and then it was too late.  If you find yourself doing the same thing, please go easy on yourself and just ask for help.

Regarding using the TMX, I Love Bimbys advice is very good - I did/do the same:

So I would suggest that up pack up all those obsolete items and perhaps store them in the shed/garage

Perhaps you could remind yourself of the reason why you purchased a TM and put your effort towards that.  For me it was health, and if I feel slack I remind myself that those old ways weren't as healthy for me.!

A comment which I found helpful, and use a lot, was hearing someone say that they cook their rice or potatoes in the steamer basket, and their veg and fish/meat in the varoma above at the same time.  I often have some of Cyndi o'meara's dressings ready in the fridge, and it isn't unusual for me to use it as a dressing for the fish/chicken - not just the salad when I've cooked a meal this way.

Lastly, as others have said, make things from the book/ this site.  I did that for 2 weeks, rigidly not allowing myself to just try and cook my 'usuals'.  After doing that every day for 14 days, I'd begun to have a feel of how it all worked, and then began to do what Wombleydoo does - look for similar things in the book and use that to help me convert.  Also, don't forget that we have a conversion thread here - just post your recipe and let someone else convert it for you.  But I'd really recommend that you just stick with recipes which are already done for the TMX before you branch out.

And roll on the breakfast thread - I was thinking of requesting one too, so great minds think alike! ;-)
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2009, 09:59:36 pm »
OMG Caroline - how many people there must be that us men don't hear about with such problems?  Have a friend who has been trying to conceive for years and been thru IVF and constantly miscarries.  The pain and agony must be terrible, but she just continues with work and life and no obvious outwards signs.  Support is something that may not be as readily available.

Back to the Thermomix - support here is probably a big part too.  Not sure what happens with consultants and how often they call you to check how it's going?  Probably varies greatly, but with the metod of selling you would think that it is imperative that all clients are supported to become referral points.  How is it with your consultant Ayla?
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.