Author Topic: TM5 Automated Program : Yoghurt  (Read 24080 times)

Naturalmumma

Re: TM5 Automated Program : Yoghurt
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2014, 06:31:05 am »
This looks fantastic & I would use the TM to make this a few times a week as we eat a bit of yogurt & will be so much more affordable as I'm trying to cut out dairy so coconut yogurt made easy. At the moment I make using the easiyo

Offline AnneUK

• View Profile
    • My (infrequently updated) blog
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2014, 08:30:45 pm »
Sorry if I'm not allowed to ask too many details of a Review - but how exactly does the new machine make this yogurt? Is the milk/yogurt mixture remaining in the TMX for the 8 hours? Rather than being put into something insulated? Could I use my TM31?

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2014, 08:46:18 pm »
Of course you can ask questions Anne ;D
Yes the milk/yoghurt mixture remains in the TM5 for the eight hours.The TM5 initially mixes the ingredients then the blades stop moving but the heat is kept constant for the eight hour program.
I'm afraid this wouldn't work in the TM31 as you can only program the machine for 60 minutes.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2014, 10:14:24 pm »
Anne if you google Thermomix Yohurt you will find a number of methods to use your 31, we have some on here but I don't know how to link them sorry.

Offline kyton

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2014, 10:20:07 pm »
I have been cut and pasting all the yoghurt methods used in TM5 in readiness for my delivery. I have never even contemplated making yoghurt in my TM31 - seemed too fiddly, but the automated has both myself and my husband quite excited.
Kylie

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2014, 11:38:25 pm »
I've been making yoghurt in the TMX 31. Just the initial stiring and heating.  Let it set overnight in the Easyo machine.  I use some of my last batch or a good no fat bought yoghurt .  Not sure that I will use the program on the 5 as the time factor may not be convenient. Put it on at 11 pm and up at 7 am to remove it.  Wouldn't want to tie up the bowl for 8 hours during the day. Not until I can get a second bowl.  Maybe I haven't got the facts right on the auto process. ,!

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2014, 02:48:45 am »
Chookie, even with a second bowl , I am presuming that the bowl with yogurt stays on the machine so it keeps warm? .. I used to make yogurt in an electic round thing with jars its still in the cupboard might drag it out and have another go with help from the TMX?

Offline kyton

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2014, 06:04:54 am »
I'm planning on making mine late at night before bed. That's what my friend who is a consultant has been doing. Her yoghurt has been working fantastically. That's all dependant on when my TM5 actually arrives LOL.
Kylie

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2014, 06:06:19 am »
AB,  yes you are quite right.  I forgot about that.  
Get that maker out and have a. go.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2014, 06:35:40 am »
I made my first yoghurt the other day. I was thrilled that it worked and the flavour was excellent. However despite sterilising everything my yoghurt was still sort of stringy. I need to solve this before I make another lot. I have had this happen before and THINK it is a bug in the system. Any help gratefully received.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Naturalmumma

« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2014, 07:32:43 am »
Cookie1 I have been making yogurt in the easiyo for a couple of years now & have never sterilized anything just washed my glass jar in hot water that's it never had a problem. This link may be of some help http://nourishedkitchen.com/troubleshooting-homemade-yogurt-questions/

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2014, 09:08:39 am »
Thanks for that. I actually have the yoghurt draining now to see if it will make paneer.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2014, 08:58:23 pm »
Thanks for the link Naturalmumma.  Although I have been making yoghurt for over 40 years,  I have learnt a lot today.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2014, 10:07:23 pm »
That's disappointing cookie.  I haven't tried the yoghurt yet. Hope the paneer worked.I am missing making our food and look forward to getting home and playing with my new toy. Glad to hear you are starting to feel better.
Denise

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2014, 10:46:35 pm »
Thanks for the link NM very interesting I'm ready to start making yoghurt and that was most informative.