Author Topic: Recipe Review - Hearty Seafood Chowder, p.53 Devil of a Cookbook  (Read 5235 times)

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
Another taste sensation from the kitchen of Peter Franks.  Wonderful rich chowder, just perfect for a cold night like tonight.  Peter lives in a famed farming district of Tassie and I could picture every vege not just in the Thermomix, in the fridge or in the Vege Shed, but stretched out along the coast in the rich-red-soiled paddocks.  Of course, we also had the seafood - ling, trout, salmon and prawns, as oysters and scallops weren't available this week.  YUM!  Not to mention the cream, the wine and a few herbs.  Beautiful.

5/5 doesn't seem a high enough score for a chowder so excellent.

But do take care not to get too enthusiastic in piling in the veges.  You don't want the Thermomix over-full when the chowder is chugging around.  So two small carrots, four skinny celery sticks and not the heaviest spuds, or there'll be spillage when the fish goes in.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 09:28:53 am by cecilia »
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
Re: Recipe Review - Hearty Seafood Chowder, p.53 Devil of a Cookbook
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 08:59:51 am »
We had this tonight for dinner. DH declared it sensational!
I'm not a huge seafood fan, but even I thought it was nice.

I used ling, salmon, prawns & scallops (no oysters, as the thought turns my stomach!). Most of the ling broke up and mixed into the soup, so I cut the pieces bigger if I made it again.

Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child